Equinox-Eb cuatro uke/NAF sound demo

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
Very nice, Jim. Very unique presentation compared to what we normally see here. I enjoyed it.

The sound quality was excellent. Can you tell us what recording tools you used (type of mics, camera, software application, backing tracks, etc)?

Luke

Can you tell us what recording tools you used (type of mics, camera, software application, backing tracks, etc)?
Thanks Luke. I think I'll type up full details this evening for my blog but here it is in a nutshell:
-Blue Yeti mic recording into Propellerhead Reason (Windows)
-Bass/drums done in Band in a Box (Windows)
-Mixing done in Reason but did not do any "corrective" action (e.g. pitch or timing adjustments) and kept audio processing "natural"
-Video shot with Zoom Q3 camera. (No audio from the video shoot was kept so there are obvious syncing issues throughout.)
-Video editing in LumaFusion (iPad Air 2)

Well, I have only used the iOS version of Garage Band and for my purposes I find it almost (not quite, but almost) useless. I've tried more than once but I just can't use it for serious work. A quick sketch but that's about it. I can't speak to the desktop version since I'm not a Mac guy.

Propellerhead Reason is a full-fledged desktop DAW and for my purposes there is almost nothing I can't do with it. For some folks, I'm sure that isn't true - if you need a lot of high-end plugins for example - but for me I can record, mix, and master MIDI and audio all in the same environment. Highly recommended.

FWIW, Cubasis on the iPad comes closest to Reason for me in terms of a "do it all" app though it does have limitations due to the hardware and from iOS.

Top Bottom