Gotoh Planetary Tuners on Kamaka

cfo314

Reaction score
I've decided to replace the tuners on my Gold Label Soprano with the Gotoh Planetary Tuners. My question is, they come in two sizes - regular and long shaft. Which one do I need to order?

Thanks

Thanks. I've measured the head at 11.5 thickness so I'll go with the regular version which is under the 12mm per the website.

I've used these tuners on three instruments. I bought all three sets from Hawaii Music Supply. They charge less than other sources, and they are helpful to the extreme. Wondering why you didn't just call them.

UPTL.jpgFor me, the choice between the two sizes depends upon how much post will extend past the nut of the tuner. I use UPTLs because my headstocks run around 1/2" thick and there's plenty of room either way for any variation. The UPTL will "fit" any head stock between 10.5mm and 14mm thick but you'll have too much post showing at the lower end and the post will be halfway buried at the higher measurement. Here's a photo showing how much of the post will extend at you 11.5 measurement. Maybe you can compare that against the UPT and see how it stacks up. And I agree with Steve, HMS is the place to get them. The The Gotoh UPT(L)s are a great upgrade to any uke. Fabulous tuners,

Top Bottom