Fishman Loudbox Mini ?

frigiliana

Reaction score
Hi i wonder if any owners or forum members that have tried a Fishman Loudbox mini could comment on my potential set up .
I'm thinking of buying one to use with my Godin Multiuke as you may now the Godin isn't strictly a acoustic ukulele, i currently use a small Roland cube which is great but too small to gig with when i play with my club .
We've been learning more rock style music and i've been asked to add a bit more riff stuff aswell as strumming so my question does anybody see any downside for my potential purchase of a Fishman Loudbox Mini .
Cheers Dave

The leader of our group (Cali Rose, The CC Strummers) used that amp for a long time with a custom preamp uke, plus a headset mic. It worked very well until it finally died and she got the Loudbox Artist. I recently bought a used Godin Multiuke and I'm sure it would be fine on the Loudbox.

Thanks pritch for the link , and thanks kohanmike it's nice to hear from a Godin owner does your group have any youtube videos with the Fishman in use i could check out ?

I have owned a Loud box mini for a couple of years and it is fantastic. I have played a Godin Multiuke through it , although I don't own one and worked a charm. It has a great reputation and for good reason, sounds great, work well, good design. There is nothing I don't like about it given its small size and ease of portablity

Appreciate the feedback DownUpDave think i'm sold on it .

Thanks pritch for the link , and thanks kohanmike it's nice to hear from a Godin owner does your group have any youtube videos with the Fishman in use i could check out ?

Yes, my signature has a link to our videos, most of them were made when she had the Mini.

Fishman came today absolutely love it , wanted to thank everybody who steered towards buying the Fishman Loudbox Mini , it's a great combo with my Godin .

That's awesome, congratulations on a smart investment. There is nothing worse than having a great instrument like your Godin and then ruining the sound of it with a crap amplifier. You will have many years of enjoyment from your Fishman

I love mine. I did have a problem with the power plug socket, it cracked when i pulled it out wrong, but Fishman sent me a replacement for about $10. also, the mini socket used to plug a mp3 player/phone mini plug in the back is plastic and getting really loose, but still works. sounds great though.

There's no hiding place with this now if i play a bum note though :)

There's no hiding place with this now if i play a bum note though :)

That is soooo true. I have always said if you want glaringly honest feedback on your playing do it through an amp. You can't hear half your mistakes when playing acoustically, but plugged in you hear everything

I'm curious what you ended up going with to amplify your Uke.

EDIT: I couldn't see the whole thread until I posted. Glad to hear it worked out. It is one of the amps I was considering using with my Uke.

Last edited:
Yes i went with Fishman its a lovely amp although i don't think i'll ever use the mic side of the amp as i'm an awful singer or so my wife says .

Top Bottom