Please help me with pricing my Maui Music Serial # 7-9025, Style: CM.

mcat13

Reaction score
Sadly I need to sell my Maui Music ukulele, but I'm not sure how much I should ask for it. I bought it in 1997 for a teaching graduate class, taught by a friend of Peter Lieberman, best class ever! Shortly after I developed health problems that make playing too painful. I've held on to it for quite awhile, but it's time to let someone play it again. I understand these are harder to come by, that's why eBay has not been very helpful in getting a value. It has been kept in the proper environment and looks beautiful. I've included a few photos that show it's in excellent condition. I would appreciate any and all helpful suggestions. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5627.jpg
    IMG_5627.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5628.jpg
    IMG_5628.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5630.jpg
    IMG_5630.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5631.jpg
    IMG_5631.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 92
I've said it before- Peter's concerts are some of the very best sounding/playing concert ukuleles to be had, vintage or modern.
As the replies roll in, bear in mind that some of the folks suggesting a price for this uke might be interested in buying it (if you know what I mean)! 8^D
A beautiful specimen. Good luck with the sale!

You could email the maker and ask what he thinks it's worth.

Not knowing what you paid for your concert new, I would compare it to other HI made ukuleles of the same age. Scarcity of a brand doesn't equate to demand when there are many equivalent products.

Beautiful ukulele.

A new tenor with similar appointments is offered for $1200 -- http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/maui-music-koa-tenor-t4k-12212.html
I would expect a new concert to be priced 15 -20% lower than a tenor. I would normally expect a used instrument to be further discounted 30 - 45%. Unless there is a collectibility factor in play, I would think you should expect to sell it for $550 - $750.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I bought mine, used, on Ernie's recommendation as a matter of fact. It is indeed a great sounding concert and very easy to play. Mine came with a high-quality, hard case. I paid $650 for it, so right in line with what counsel1 wrote.

Peter checks here occasionally, he's on fb too, I can mention this to him if you want.
To me it's worth at least 750.00 as it looks in mint condition. .. good luck

Thanks for all the information, it's definitely helpful. I would appreciate you saying something to Peter. You can tell him the class that I took was taught by Dr. Andrew Gunsberg. Andy spoke very highly of Peter:)

Top Bottom