FS: Favilla baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
--SOLD--

I picked up this bari thinking of keeping it in GCEA to complement my other Favilla, but have had second thoughts about keeping multiples of any size.

This is a nice-sounding pre-1953 (no serial number) model, with the typical rough finish that these older ones tend to get - you can definitely feel it while holding it.

It did have some work done to it recently by Jake Wildwood of Antebellum Instruments. There is a crack on the top between the bridge and the tail that has been professionally cleated. It also had a bridge shave and replacement ebony saddle to get the action and intonation dialed in. You can see some high quality pics and details at Jake's Antebellum page here.

It has a new set of D'Addario Titaniums on it (DGBE). No case, but I will pack securely.

Asking $SOLD

fav4.jpgfav5.jpgfav7.jpgfav8.jpgfav9.jpg

Last edited:
Jake's work is meticulous (as are his posts about the work he does on each instrument). This is a great deal on a great vintage bari! Whoever snatches this one up is going to be happy. Good luck with the sale!

Jake's work is meticulous (as are his posts about the work he does on each instrument). This is a great deal on a great vintage bari! Whoever snatches this one up is going to be happy. Good luck with the sale!

2nd'ed - Jake does great work. This is a beautiful vintage Favilla. Good luck on the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom