Season 268 - Won't You Ask a Question?

A little lighter fare from Phil & Don. The bird was an extra added bonus.

Here's a few, apologies for any duplicates...

Should I remain or depart? Should i stay or should I go?

Why isn't your affection for me the same as it formerly was? Why don't you love me anymore?

Perhaps we should try it in the thoroughfare? Why don't we do it in the road?

By what are you called? What's your name?

What a shame! (not Fats Domino) Ain't that a shame? Cheap Trick although it's the same song ...?

Do you know the directions to St. Joseph? Do you know the way to San Jose?

Is there any reason you and I can't be amicable? Why can't we be friends?

Is she actually on a date with that guy? Is she really going out with him?

For what period of time has this been happening? How long has this been going on?

What's happening? What's gong on?

In what location would I find the blooms? Where have all the flowers gone?

In what manner do you fix a shattered biological pump? How do you mend a broken heart?

Do you wish you had some company this evening? Are you lonesome tonight?

Is it your opinion that I'm very attractive? Do you think I'm sexy?

Here's a few, apologies for any duplicates...

Why isn't your affection for me the same as it formerly was? Why don't you love me anymore?

What a shame! (not Fats Domino) Ain't that a shame? Cheap Trick although it's the same song ...?

You got them all except for the above two! For the first one, think country and western. For the second one, think of one of the Fab Four.

A few more I added after your response:

What degree of indigo can you achieve?
Who feels remorse at the present time?
For what reason do I continue to remain here?
Have I recently expressed my deep affection for you?

You got them all except for the above two! For the first one, think country and western. For the second one, think of one of the Fab Four.

A few more I added after your response:

What degree of indigo can you achieve?
Who feels remorse at the present time?
For what reason do I continue to remain here?
Have I recently expressed my deep affection for you?

I don't know - Why isn't your affection the same as it formerly was?
Maybe someone else can get it.
With your extra clue i believe What a shame! is Isn't it a pity?

the new batch -

What degree of indigo can you achieve? How blue can you get?

Who feels remorse at the present time? Who's sorry now?

For what reason do I continue to remain here? Should I stay?

Have I recently expressed my deep affection for you? Have I told you lately that I love you?

You nearly have them all. Still up for guesses:

Why isn't your affection the same as it formerly was? (clue: think country and western)

For what reason do I continue to remain here? (Maybe I should rephrase this one to "Why do I continue to remain here?" People went ape over this group in the 60's)

Last edited:
We're on vacation in Hawaii and I couldn't help treating myself to this lovely Lehua long neck soprano. Figured I'd do a one take of this Peter Tosh tune to break it in. Aloha!

You nearly have them all. Still up for guesses:
For what reason do I continue to remain here? (Maybe I should rephrase this one to "Why do I continue to remain here?" People went ape over this group in the 60's)

What Am I Doin' Hangin' 'Round?

I played that one last year.

Here's an R.E.M. song. NotAnotherLinda requested this one a couple of months ago.

Here's a question Frank Zappa asked...

This little gem, written by Mitch Murray, was first recorded by The Beatles, as a potential debut single. Then they decided to release "Love Me Do" instead. So George Martin recorded it again with Gerry & The Pacemakers, as their debut, the first of three number ones for them in 1963.

Hi, Brian! Thank you for a most interesting season ... with lots of scope! From 1958, I bring you "Do You Wanna Dance"; I remember being most impressed by your version two or three years ago.

Not an official entry but Bill and Berni and I had a chance to record a couple of tunes together one night. And, this one has a question for a title. It's a Berni lyric to a classic Irish tune, I seem to recall.

Are Ye Sleeping, Maggie?

This is arguably the song that got me playing ukulele again after some decades in the wilderness. We were invited to a friend's Burns Night supper, and asked to bring a reading or song. It was that that got me thinking I should dig out my ukulele and find a suitable song. I can't remember how I came across this one, but I'm glad I did.

Apologies to any Scots among the audience for my rubbish accent, but with a song like this it's almost impossible to sing without at least attempting one. Also apologies if the sound isn't great. I'm playing with my new amplifier (a Fender Passport Mini in case anyone's interested), and I know I need to get the levels better than this. I'm on the way to sorting that, but it will have to wait for another day.

Greetings,

Sometimes a storm can be beautiful, especially if you find a song to put it to. A bit blurry because I added a filter to make it resemble the storm, but it adds something to the visuals. The sun had actually came out when I shot this vid. Who'll Stop the Rain cover of the CCR song.

Ciao
Gina

Last edited:
Hey guys. Been a couple years. Thought I'd jump back in.

This is by one of my favourite bands.

Top Bottom