Midwest Uke Camp?

jackj

Reaction score
Just saw mention of the Midwest Uke Camp coming up near the end of June in Michigan: http://www.midwestukecamp.com/

Not sure how long this event has been around, but would love to hear some reviews from those who have been. I'm pretty new to the ukulele, but already recognize some of the instructors names, and have had workshops with Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer on guitar at Steve Kaufman's camps.

I guess I'm an intermediate player given my guitar experience, but would love to quickly ramp up my knowledge/skills, particularly on uke specific stuff like more advanced strumming and percussive aspects.

THanks for starting this thread, I am interested in going as well and would love to hear anyone else out there with their feedback. I believe this is the 2nd year they are hosting the event.

The Midwest Uke Camp started last year and I had a blast! The instructors were great and there was something for everybody. The location at Olivet College was very nice, too. The dorm rooms were clean and the food was very good. Breakfast followed by classes until lunch then afternoon classes until dinner and great evening concerts featuring the instructors. It really was a good time and if your schedule accomodates, I know you'll have a great time.

I believe this is sponsored by Elderly Instruments in Lansing, MI so I would guess it's a very good one. Would love to go if I lived closer.

I'm registered and looking forward to it--it's coming up quick!

Some great instructors and great people, Sarah Maisel was so kind to me at my first uke fest at Ashokan in NY when I was first learning to play so she will always be my favorite. I wish I could go but schedule doesn't allow for it right now.

Top Bottom