Moore Bettah string sets

photoshooter

Reaction score
Nice job TUS. I like the idea of sourcing all 4 strings in a set as opposed to getting them separately. And it does save me a few bucks as an added bonus. This combination of strings is what I've been using lately on several of my tenors; TI wound G and C along with Oasis E and A.

Moore Bettah Strings

These Strings are sold out already...as fast as a Moore Bettah Ukulele...maybe there should a waiting list for the strings....:)

Nice job TUS. I like the idea of sourcing all 4 strings in a set as opposed to getting them separately. And it does save me a few bucks as an added bonus. This combination of strings is what I've been using lately on several of my tenors; TI wound G and C along with Oasis E and A.

Moore Bettah Strings

Just to be clear, I did not use Oasis strings to make up this set. The wound basses though are Thimastik-Infeld.

Just to be clear, I did not use Oasis strings to make up this set. The wound basses though are Thimastik-Infeld.

I assumed as much. The text on the website reads "The E and A strings are a high quality independently sourced fluorocarbon (.027 -E) and (.022 - A)."

Although I'm currently using the Oasis E and A strings I welcome the opportunity to buy these as a packaged group and have no doubt about the quality of the E and A strings chosen to go with the set.

This is great. I love the TI in the wound basses. They blend so well with FC trebles.
Even though it's a bit more $ than other sets, the TI singles are $$ so it's about the same as buying them separate when you can find the TI's in stock.

I wonder if TI will come to realize we like their strings and start making a uke set.

Almost as tough to get a set as getting the uke itself. ;) Hoping to give Andrew my money when they are back in stock.

This is great. I love the TI in the wound basses. They blend so well with FC trebles.
Even though it's a bit more $ than other sets, the TI singles are $$ so it's about the same as buying them separate when you can find the TI's in stock.

I wonder if TI will come to realize we like their strings and start making a uke set.

I've used TIs on my mandolins for years. Pricey, but awesome!

just like some of the Southcoast ukes string sets. 2 wound, 2 plain Their wound strings are very polished.

I talked to the TI rep at length about using these strings on ukulele and he was very interested and excited that it was being done. He's an ukulele enthusiast himself and he was happy to work with me. Apparently, TI is a huge company ( they are in Vienna Ausria) and I think the ukulele market is still too relatively small for them to mess with. I can mention it to them.

just like some of the Southcoast ukes string sets. 2 wound, 2 plain Their wound strings are very polished.

the MB(TI) strings are less squeaky than any other wound basses from Southcoast...but the main thing to me is the tone and the price......:)

I hear they will be available soon...:)

Last edited:

The singles are relatively easy to get in Europe, at around $3.40 ea before shipping. Steeper prices in the US, though, so the MB set is a good deal.

The singles are relatively easy to get in Europe, at around $3.40 ea before shipping. Steeper prices in the US, though, so the MB set is a good deal.

Yeah, close to twice the price in the US. Even my wholesale price is more that your European price. Then there's the overseas shipping costs.

MB Strings

They sound great, and are most reasonably priced. If Andrew can keep them in stock, they will become the standard for me. I think I logged onto the site two minutes after I got the email, and the strings were already gone.

Meanwhile, when my MB strings wear out, I'll use the TI singles and somebody's fluorocarbons.

Last edited:

They sound great, and are most reasonably priced. If Andrew can keep them in stock, they will become the standard for me. I think I logged onto the site two minutes after I got the email, and the strings were already gone.

Meanwhile, when my MB strings wear out, I'll use the TI singles and somebody's fluorocarbons.

They do sound great! Though I'm sure your instrument has something to do with that as well!! Curious which fluorocarbons pair up in a balanced fashion.

As I understand it, Chuck sourced those, using reels of line. Once upon a time, I used Oasis Warms for the trebles. and they sounded pretty good with smooth wound basses.

I had two sets of Chuck's Frankestrings. One set is, of course, on the MB, and while it is hard to believe, it sounds better than it did. I was using Southcoasts Low-G smooth-wounds. (I had decided a while back that the Southcoasts were as good as it could get, but then they rejiggered the ones I was using, changed the trebles and the C, and the latest iteration is not, in my mind, as good. Your mileage may vary.)

I put the other set of Low-G MB's on another uke, and got TI singles for G and C, and Oasis trebles for my other instruments, and they all sound better than they did. Subjective, of course, but I have a new standard that is going to be hard to beat. When (if?) Andrew gets more MB string sets? I am going to buy a case of them. He could charge half again what they were listed for, and will still be on my wishlist.

I had two sets of Chuck's Frankestrings. One set is, of course, on the MB, and while it is hard to believe, it sounds better than it did. I was using Southcoasts Low-G smooth-wounds. (I had decided a while back that the Southcoasts were as good as it could get, but then they rejiggered the ones I was using, changed the trebles and the C, and the latest iteration is not, in my mind, as good. Your mileage may vary.)

I put the other set of Low-G MB's on another uke, and got TI singles for G and C, and Oasis trebles for my other instruments, and they all sound better than they did. Subjective, of course, but I have a new standard that is going to be hard to beat. When (if?) Andrew gets more MB string sets? I am going to buy a case of them. He could charge half again what they were listed for, and will still be on my wishlist.

Glad you like them Steve. I've tried almost every string available on hundreds of ukes through the the years and I concur, my search for the perfect low G tenor set is over.

Top Bottom