Do any of you yodel?

Cassie

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, are there any yodelers among us? I myself I'm not a yodeler but today as my puppy was whining , howling and barking wanting out of his cage, I was whining and barking along with him and I noticed my voice started to jump from high to low. I am not a soprano so I cannot really reach very high but it almost sounded like a Yodel. if any of you can yodel, I would like to hear how you sound. I love to listen to Yodelers.
I tried and tried to get the dog to be quiet and so I said well, I'll just woof back at you and see how you like it. I had just brought him in from a lot of playtime outside and put him back in his cage. That's when he started having his little crying fit.

Last edited:
I don't yodel, but there is a young man (16yo) on Maui who not only yodels, but sings, plays ukulele and Slack key 12 string guitar, performs professionally and writes original songs. His name is Anthony Pfluke. You can search for his facebook and youtube channels to sample his music. If this link works, it will open a song he recorded and in which he yodels to perfection; called "Hawaiian Cowboy" on his first CD released when he was just 15. Anthony Pfluke - Hawaiian Cowboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vhWx6H5nok

enjoy

I don't yodel, but there is a young man (16yo) on Maui who not only yodels, but sings, plays ukulele and Slack key 12 string guitar, performs professionally and writes original songs. His name is Anthony Pfluke. You can search for his facebook and youtube channels to sample his music. If this link works, it will open a song he recorded and in which he yodels to perfection; called "Hawaiian Cowboy" on his first CD released when he was just 15. Anthony Pfluke - Hawaiian Cowboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vhWx6H5nok

enjoy

Holy cow! He really does . That's awesome.

I do not yodel, but I have thought many times over the past 30 or so years that I'd like to find a voice teacher who can teach me how to yodel.

Let's bring it back a bit farther than that - if only I'd learned to yodel when I was 11, and my voice was changing! (the semi-autonomous spoken yodel, as it were...)

-Kurt​

I do not yodel, but I have thought many times over the past 30 or so years that I'd like to find a voice teacher who can teach me how to yodel.

Let's bring it back a bit farther than that - if only I'd learned to yodel when I was 11, and my voice was changing! (the semi-autonomous spoken yodel, as it were...)

-Kurt​

You don't really need a professional. I have actually heard that the best way to learn is to do a wolf howl from high to low. Make sure to go slowly with it so that you can hear when your voice begins to crack. When it cracks, that's the point when you jump from your Head voice to your chest voice. There is a certain point in your voice. Doing a wolf howl is actually a good way to find that. That's actually how I did it with Howard dog Howling wanting out of his cage.
Once you find that certain point in your voice or that certain key, stay in that area and just practice jumping from high to low jumping from your head voice to your chest voice. Your falsetto to your chest .

It might be worth learning just to sing this song.

I am glad I put my drink down before pressing play, Mike...����

I only yodel when in pain!

yonoyodelhoo

Just out of curiosity, are there any yodelers among us? I myself I'm not a yodeler but today as my puppy was whining , howling and barking wanting out of his cage, I was whining and barking along with him and I noticed my voice started to jump from high to low. I am not a soprano so I cannot really reach very high but it almost sounded like a Yodel. if any of you can yodel, I would like to hear how you sound. I love to listen to Yodelers.
I tried and tried to get the dog to be quiet and so I said well, I'll just woof back at you and see how you like it. I had just brought him in from a lot of playtime outside and put him back in his cage. That's when he started having his little crying fit.

I absolutely love yodeling, from a "vocal technique" point of view, it's just about mastering the transition between chest and head voice instantly, with the right movement of the tongue ^^

jiofi.local.htmltplinkloginis it down

Last edited:
This may make you smile.:)

Good old Rick. The guy who tried to teach me to play mandolin, told me I was too mechanical, and bummed me out so I gave up. Oh well. Trying again with a uke after 40 years. I'm still mechanical, but at least I'm having fun because I don't care anymore.
I really liked his string band up in Chico

Yes, I yodel.

But only by accident.

I'd like to yodel but it sounds so ridiculous when I try that I always give up.

Anyone can yodel, as this old knock-knock demonstrates:
“Knock-knock!”
“Who’s there?”
“Little old lady.”
“Little old lady who?”
“I didn’t know you could yodel!”

Edit: I see that @mikelz777 beat me to it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom