Thread: Do any of you yodel?

Smile Do any of you yodel?

Just out of curiosity, are there any yodelers among us? I myself I'm not a yodeler but today as my puppy was whining , howling and barking wanting out of his cage, I was whining and barking along with him and I noticed my voice started to jump from high to low. I am not a soprano so I cannot really reach very high but it almost sounded like a Yodel. if any of you can yodel, I would like to hear how you sound. I love to listen to Yodelers.
    I tried and tried to get the dog to be quiet and so I said well, I'll just woof back at you and see how you like it. I had just brought him in from a lot of playtime outside and put him back in his cage. That's when he started having his little crying fit.
    Last edited by Cassie; 04-04-2017 at 02:51 PM.

I don't yodel, but there is a young man (16yo) on Maui who not only yodels, but sings, plays ukulele and Slack key 12 string guitar, performs professionally and writes original songs. His name is Anthony Pfluke. You can search for his facebook and youtube channels to sample his music. If this link works, it will open a song he recorded and in which he yodels to perfection; called "Hawaiian Cowboy" on his first CD released when he was just 15. Anthony Pfluke - Hawaiian Cowboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vhWx6H5nok

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by KanePono View Post
    I don't yodel, but there is a young man (16yo) on Maui who not only yodels, but sings, plays ukulele and Slack key 12 string guitar, performs professionally and writes original songs. His name is Anthony Pfluke. You can search for his facebook and youtube channels to sample his music. If this link works, it will open a song he recorded and in which he yodels to perfection; called "Hawaiian Cowboy" on his first CD released when he was just 15. Anthony Pfluke - Hawaiian Cowboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vhWx6H5nok

enjoy
    Holy cow! He really does . That's awesome.

I do not yodel, but I have thought many times over the past 30 or so years that I'd like to find a voice teacher who can teach me how to yodel.

Let's bring it back a bit farther than that - if only I'd learned to yodel when I was 11, and my voice was changing! (the semi-autonomous spoken yodel, as it were...)

-Kurt
    Ken Timms Soprano
    Moku MS-90S * Waterman G-I-T-D * National Triolian Reso * Bugsgear Aqualele * Donaldson Concert *
    Rosewood Vita Uke * Waverly Street #38 * Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor * Ohana Vita Uke * FireFly banjo uke
    Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele * Republic Concert * Fluke Tenor M22 * Kala KA-KTG-CT Cedar Top
    Cordoba 20TM * 1950's Harmony soprano *1920's era Stella banjo uke
    guitars and a 5-string banjo

Am I done?

...naw...

My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ksiegel View Post
    I do not yodel, but I have thought many times over the past 30 or so years that I'd like to find a voice teacher who can teach me how to yodel.

Let's bring it back a bit farther than that - if only I'd learned to yodel when I was 11, and my voice was changing! (the semi-autonomous spoken yodel, as it were...)

-Kurt
    You don't really need a professional. I have actually heard that the best way to learn is to do a wolf howl from high to low. Make sure to go slowly with it so that you can hear when your voice begins to crack. When it cracks, that's the point when you jump from your Head voice to your chest voice. There is a certain point in your voice. Doing a wolf howl is actually a good way to find that. That's actually how I did it with Howard dog Howling wanting out of his cage.
    Once you find that certain point in your voice or that certain key, stay in that area and just practice jumping from high to low jumping from your head voice to your chest voice. Your falsetto to your chest .

It might be worth learning just to sing this song.

Lanikai LU-21C concert
    Ohana CK42-R concert
    Pono ATD tenor

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a ukulele which is basically the same thing.

I am glad I put my drink down before pressing play, Mike...����
    Martin:
    Style 0: '60s Soprano
    Style 1: '15 C1K Concert Koa

Ohana
    '15 CK-38; '17 SK-30M Solid-Mahogany Long (concert) Neck Soprano (On order).

Mainland
    Jan. '15 Limited Series Concert Slothead Solid-Mahogany Gloss

Thread Information