Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 269 - Cowboy Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    I made comments about a raptor band on the yakking thread and it looks like their publishers are still at it. I don't get this over protective attitude. What harm does it do if others sing and record your songs? They still get royalties as YT simply puts ads in front of the video so; what's the problem? I don't get it, I would take it as a compliment. My own view is there a need for a "right to perform" in copyright legislation. Something similar exists in patent legislation to stop companies preventing people developing inventions that might compete with their existing products. You would still be liable for royalties but it would allow others to sing and play their songs and put their own stamp on them.

You could try Vimeo, Val. I they seem to have a somewhat more robust attitude to these guys and a clearer set of policies on copyright material.
    Thanks, Geoff ... I had sort of thought about trying Vimeo; but haven't quite established yet what is involved and whether I would actually be any more successful.
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

A song written by those Rhinestone Cowboys, David Bromberg and George Harrison.

"Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

I haven't got the faintest idea what I've just done, but, if anyone in the States is interested in watching, I think this should be the vid. that Youtube blocked. (If you never hear from me again, you'll know I am in jail!)
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by redpaul1 View Post
    Well, I don't know. I know Supertramp 'cos Rex got a copyright strike for covering one of their numbers, and I know that Glenn Frey was particular avid in his pursuit of Eagles' covers on YT, but I don't know any others (someone may have said Prince, but I really don't know).

That's why I thought a sticky might be useful. It could be added to as and when people got busted for a copyright infringement.
    Incidentally, I think that all those 'Fair Use' disclaimers you see in cover versions do about as much to stop you getting busted as a prayer to St Christopher before you set off on a car journey does to stop you from getting rear-ended (see what I did there?).
    Don't stop him ... he's on a roll ...
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana PCK-25G pineapple mahogany concert Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides KoAloha soprano (2001 vintage) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Here is my contribution this week Randy

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

greetings,
    what, a cowgirl from New Jersey? Here goes The Rodeo Song from Garth Brooks. Lets just say that Cowboy Songs are a challenge for me.

Hey y'all. Putting the thumbs up. Collabs welcome if my files are able to be tweaked. Who knows. Might happen. Ciao.

Well, Annabelle has decided she likes this week a lot.

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas
    Axes:
    Sopranos - Kala Makala, Kala Ukadelic Texas Flag, Bruko Hilo (vintage 1960s!)
    Concert - Epiphone Les Paul
    Tenors - Kala KA-TE, Kala KA-TEME,
    Banjo Uke: Duke (tenor scale)
    Not a ukulele: Seagull Merlin (stick dulcimer)
    Keys:
    Hohner Instructor 32 melodica
    Ukulele Country: My blog about the ukulele and other musical things.

And the great cowboy songs keep coming through the pass! I'm having a terrific day, I hope y'all are enjoying it too!

pabrizzer • F Troop • Holy cow, the instant I saw the title the entire song rushed into my head, lyrics and all! Captain Parmenter, Wrangler Jane, Corporal Roark. I think I watched too much TV when I was little!

pabrizzer • The Filly of My Dreams • Lovely song, and I'm always impressed by the quality of your playing. Although you've displayed all your cowboy shirts - all wonderful - I hope you continue to add to the richness of this Season!

wee_ginga_yin* • Cowboy Holiday • This is a wonderful alternative to the "Batman Smells" version. I like it a lot! Love the big ending!

YorkSteve • Don't Come The Cowboy With Me, Sonny Jim • Good song, new to me. Thanks for the introduction!

redpaul1 • Cowboy True • This really is a good song. Thanks for bringing it to the Cowboy Season!

LimosinLil • A Love That Will Never Grow Old • Good song.Great addition to this Season!

IAmNoMan • The Holdup • Really interesting song, I've never heard it before. Nice discovery - well done!

lelouden • Arizona Killer • Wow. This has it all. Interesting story, fantastic song, and an amazing performance! Your playing sounds very "Western-authentic!" You knocked this one out of the corral, my friend!

Ginas uke • The Rodeo Song • So good! One of my favorite Garth Brooks! I love your voice on this one! You're a real cowgirl!

TCK • When The Bloom Is On The Sage • Great song, and Annabelle is adorable!

Jazzbanjorex • Rocky Raccoon • This is a McCartney Masterpiece! Among my favorite Beatles songs. I love your take on this.

AlanDP • Chopo • Wow, this is one of my favorite cowboy songs! As you surely know, the original was one of Jack Thorp's "Songs of the Cowboys." After Don Williams recorded this, the Riders in the Sky adapted it for the Toy Story song, "Bullseye." Great job, I could listen to you sing cowboy songs all day!
    Randy - Harry122
    "Whether or not you can ever become great at something, you can always become better at it." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Thread Information