Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen instruments

Wow, that really sucks. I know how I would feel, somebody stole my fiddle and mandolin decades ago, and I never saw either of them again. I hope you have better luck, and they catch the dirty ba---ds that did that evil deed!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by mds725 View Post
    I found these two photos of the stolen banjolele on Mark Neal's website, http://www.mlnealbanjos.com/. The banjolele has a "distinctive hummingbird inlay."

Thanks MDS, that is my banjo. Mark is hoping someone will contact him for a value since his logo is branded on the inside.
    The police may have recovered the Blackbirds ?? Hoping my banjo will find its way home too.
    Keep Strummin'

So sorry that happened to you SailingUke . Hope you get them back soon.
    Didn't some vendors at one of the Reno Uke Fest have some thefts a few years ago? I wonder if anybody was caught in that case?
    Seems like Reno is a place where you have to hold your uke in your lap the whole time .
    Good luck!!
    –Lori

Quote Originally Posted by SailingUke View Post
    The police may have recovered the Blackbirds ?? Hoping my banjo will find its way home too.
    Hope you get the banjo soon as well.
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

I am so sorry, I really despise thieves, I've had so much stuff stolen, mostly my own artwork, basically finished off my career. I'm ready to say just chop off a hand or two when they are caught now, so honest people will know them, and they can be shunned. I used to be so compassionate, but lots of people on the planet today just really really really suck.

I vote watching Craigslist too, but more likely they would go to a pawn shop, and the shop would look up the builder of the banjo, but probably not call. Maybe have the builder put a reward on it's description for you. Edit, see it's there, I hadn't clicked the link yet. That could actually get it back.
    I should be curling up with a good uke, a book and my dog.

SailingUke has posted on Facebook that it appears that the Sparks PD has recovered both Blackbirds AND the banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by mds725 View Post
    SailingUke has posted on Facebook that it appears that the Sparks PD has recovered both Blackbirds AND the banjo.
    That's the BEST news ever!!! Mahalo for the update bruddah Mark!

That's right all instruments have been recovered and in lockup in the police evidence room.
    I am guessing after being in lockup they will be great instruments for playing the blues.
    No word on the perp., hopefully they will be caught and punished. The Sparks Police Dept. did a fine job of recovering my belongings.
    I am not overly impressed with the staff and management at the Nugget who showed little concern over the experience.
    My thanks to all who gave me support during this traumatic experience.
    Keep Strummin'

Great news! Happy everything was (or will be) returned!
    Current main players: Moon Bird concert and Barron River tenor. My other ukes are listed on my profile page.

That's good news indeed!

Thread Information