Stolen instruments

Great news!!! I am very happy they made it back to you!

I am guessing after being in lockup they will be great instruments for playing the blues.

That's funny! I'm glad to see you have kept your humor through this ordeal.

As Paul Harvey would say, i would like to know the "rest of the story"...where were they stolen from? No cameras??

Thank you

I'm glad you recovered the goods. And hopefully you won't feel as if they are spoiled now.

I hope they are still in the condition you had them prior to being stolen. You definitely can't get your car back in same condition after lojack

Relief! Glad to hear they were able to quickly solve that case. Good job Sparks PD! I wonder how they cracked the case

In our town there is an ordinance that requires pawn shops to document any item that is pawned or sold to them and who sold it. Then every week the police department runs the pawn store records against their data base of stolen items to see if there is any match up. There is also a fund that pays the pawn shops part or all of what they have invested in the stolen property that is recovered through the ordinance. They have been doing that for twenty years. I think though that they hold the stolen property for a while as evidence before it is returned. I also know that in some cases and at some point they will take a picture of the item and return it. I've had a bit of experience with the process, and they recover a lot of stolen property that way.

SailingUke has posted on Facebook that it appears that the Sparks PD has recovered both Blackbirds AND the banjo.

That's great news. I'm still curious, were they taken from his room? He never answered that question.

They were taken from our vehicle. There is no security in the parking lot at the Nugget in Reno.

Top Bottom