From NJ, pleased to meet you

WifeOnFourStrings

Reaction score
Beware! Complete ukulele newbie. How I took it up is a strange story which involves Brittni Paiva on YT and a hand injury. One winding mental road and zero experience later, I crossed my fingers and hit "submit" on an order for a Concert uke. Setup takes time, so I've picked up an Ukadelic Soprano to scratch the itch while I wait (and probably to lug to camp this summer). It was a Google search for, "Why won't my strings stay in tune" that turned up UU, and I'm really grateful to have found it.

Pleased to meet you!
:smileybounce:

Welcome, WifeOFS. Former New Jerseyite here; it's been many years though. I spent most of my youth in Turnersville. I'm happy to be living in the State of Jefferson now.

Greetings and welcome, glad you joined us.

Welcome aboard! There are a few uke clubs in the state if you are interested in playing with others. What part of Jersey are you in?

- FiL

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

Welcome aboard! There are a few uke clubs in the state if you are interested in playing with others. What part of Jersey are you in?

- FiL

I'm in Central Jersey. I'd love to meet others who play, but I am as green as they come. I've got four shakey chords and I stumble with the D-DU-UD strum pattern. I don't think anyone is going to want to play with me just yet. :biglaugh:

Welcome WOFS, always glad to see another member from the Garden State. Lots of good information and lots of good people. The site has several free lessons. Enjoy the journey.

I'm in Central Jersey. I'd love to meet others who play, but I am as green as they come. I've got four shakey chords and I stumble with the D-DU-UD strum pattern. I don't think anyone is going to want to play with me just yet. :biglaugh:

Welcome! I would argue that you can learn faster with others. So if you can find a group to play with, do it. You won't regret it. And don't worry what others think. We all were beginners at one point.

Welcome to UU! ;)
It's an immense honor to be an inspiration to your interest in playing the uke! :D

Top Bottom