Hello from California!

Daddie O

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been trolling this forum for awhile, and now that I've bought a uke I think it's time to introduce myself.

My daughter was turning 13yrs old, and she very much wanted a ukulele for her birthday. After checking out lots of ukes, she fell for a Kala SSTU-C, which is a concert sized travel uke with solid spruce top. I found a good deal on one, and got it for her.

In the process of going to lots of music stores and testing lots of makes and models of ukes, I started to develop the itch to get one for myself. I really like the traditional sound of sopranos so I started researching, using this site as a resource. I decided to purchase a used uke from a forum member on the marketplace. I have not heard the uke in person, but based on reviews from members here I think/hope I made a good choice. I bought an Ohana SK-35G with a hard case, and it should arrive Wednesday. I'm so excited to get it, and start learning/practicing!

Welcome! I have a Kala SSTU-T and it sounds pretty great for how thin it is. The concert version is probably perfect for a 13 year old.

Hello everyone! I've been trolling this forum for awhile, and now that I've bought a uke I think it's time to introduce myself.

My daughter was turning 13yrs old, and she very much wanted a ukulele for her birthday. After checking out lots of ukes, she fell for a Kala SSTU-C, which is a concert sized travel uke with solid spruce top. I found a good deal on one, and got it for her.

In the process of going to lots of music stores and testing lots of makes and models of ukes, I started to develop the itch to get one for myself. I really like the traditional sound of sopranos so I started researching, using this site as a resource. I decided to purchase a used uke from a forum member on the marketplace. I have not heard the uke in person, but based on reviews from members here I think/hope I made a good choice. I bought an Ohana SK-35G with a hard case, and it should arrive Wednesday. I'm so excited to get it, and start learning/practicing!

Jason, it sounds like fun, both you and your daughter embarking on a fun journey. Hope you enjoy the Ohana, JJFN

Top Bottom