Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do Tax refunds fuel UAS

I'm happy if I even get a return. Lot of years I paid.
    I'll be applying this year's return towards out property tax bill. Peter pay Paul I say.
    All for sale; pm me:

Esteve 8 classical cedar rosewood all solid guitar (mint condition in HSC, $950)

If I weren't owing this year, I'd be tempted. I live in a small space and I'm really about downsizing. I have 4 ukes which sounds like a lot, but I just have a beater soprano and a good one and a beater baritone and a good one. If I had to pare down to one I'd just have one Bari. But if I got a refund I'd be tempted to get a steel string Bari. I have a small Taylor guitar but I'd love the compactness of a Bari and the simplicity and spacing of 4 strings but in steel. Tenor guitar didn't really do it for me, kinda large and while the narrow neck wasn't bad, it wasn't a plus. No refund tho, so no shopping for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyf View Post
    If I weren't owing this year, I'd be tempted. I live in a small space and I'm really about downsizing. I have 4 ukes which sounds like a lot, but I just have a beater soprano and a good one and a beater baritone and a good one. If I had to pare down to one I'd just have one Bari. But if I got a refund I'd be tempted to get a steel string Bari. I have a small Taylor guitar but I'd love the compactness of a Bari and the simplicity and spacing of 4 strings but in steel. Tenor guitar didn't really do it for me, kinda large and while the narrow neck wasn't bad, it wasn't a plus. No refund tho, so no shopping for me.
    If you are ever in the position to buy then the Pono UL4 series would thrill you. It is basically a large baritone with four steel strings. I enjoy mine for the ease of play (1-3/8" nut width) and comfort of a small body compared to a full size tenor guitar.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Do tax returns fuel UAS?

Not when you're about to buy a new car, replace the transmission in your van, and build a deck

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    You have a local luthier, Jim! Who is that?
    Andrew Manners http://www.andrewmanners.co.uk/index.htm

Andy shares a workshop with a repairer of wind instruments. It's always both a friendly welcome and a voyage of discovery visiting their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by jimavery View Post
    Andrew Manners http://www.andrewmanners.co.uk/index.htm

Andy shares a workshop with a repairer of wind instruments. It's always both a friendly welcome and a voyage of discovery visiting their shop.
    Thanks for the info., Jim!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    If you are ever in the position to buy then the Pono UL4 series would thrill you. It is basically a large baritone with four steel strings. I enjoy mine for the ease of play (1-3/8" nut width) and comfort of a small body compared to a full size tenor guitar.
    That is exactly what I would look for. I'm very happy with my Pono PC Bari. I think they are an excellent value. I'd have to wait til a used UL4 surfaced someday.

Absolutely correct. Funded my Blackbird Clara last year.
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Quote Originally Posted by igorthebarbarian View Post
    Absolutely correct. Funded my Blackbird Clara last year.
    Which gave you a lot of joy no doubt.................who said the IRS are a bunch of meannies
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Yes... it does and here's my proof back in 2013 when I even mention that in my ukulele review. LOL hehe (at 3:08 in the video)

Petey

Thread Information