Greetings from a newbie

iughi

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I am Jessica, writing from Italy. My love for the uke is pretty recent (been playing since October) but very serious. :D
I am here on the forum cause I would like to exchange opinions and experiences with other fellow ukulelians, and also because I would like to buy a (well, in fact plenty) new ukulele, and I need some pieces of advice from people with much more espertise 😁

Welcome Jessica to UU. Lot's of good information and lot's of good people. Enjoy the journey!

Welcome to UU! Ukulelians? I thought we were all just Ukesters! :D

I saw that word being used as well, but good to know that ukester is more common, thanks :p

And thank you everybody for the warm welcome :D

Welcome to the forum and the community, Jessica. :) You'll get plenty of advice here for buying ukes, and you'll end up with quite a few of them if you're not careful. But it is fun, too!

Have you already decided on a favorite size?

Thank you :) I already know that, sooner or later, I will end up with at least five of them, I guess it is better to be prepared from the very beginning :D
Anyway, I now have a soprano and a concert (borrowed), as I am thinking about buying a serious acoustic (probably electro-acoustic) and an full-body electric, at the moment my choices would be a tenor electro-acoustic and probably a soprano or concert electric uke. I like the sound of the soprano better, but I have very long fingers, and a bigger sized uke would be more comfy. This is the idea of the moment, I have been constantly changing my mind, cause there are so many cool ukes out there! Any recommendation would be much appreciated :D

Yep, like Keith says, making a new thread in Buying Tips will get you recommendations. :) How much you are willing to spend is good to know.

Top Bottom