Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 270 - Be-Cause

Quote Originally Posted by turtledrum View Post
    Val, look at the list in the Wikipedia link. Lots of concerts in England with performers that you'll know. I hope you'll find it easier than you think.
    Thank you, Linda ... got it sussed now! Happy Easter!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Well, I think it's time to bite the bullet and learn the picking for the intro to a song I've been meaning to try for a long long time. If I don't make it this week, it's because it was too hard to learn in a week. It's from a band that famously reformed to play at the Live 8 concert.

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    Well, I think it's time to bite the bullet and learn the picking for the intro to a song I've been meaning to try for a long long time. If I don't make it this week, it's because it was too hard to learn in a week. It's from a band that famously reformed to play at the Live 8 concert.
    Hey, that riff's way easier than I thought. It's the second uke that would be really difficult, but I should be okay if I leave that bit out.

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Very many thanks, Sir ... good suggestion! (What IS your name, by the way?)
    It's John

Interestingly, (or not), I never was a concert goer, but I do remember all the fuss of 'Live Aid', at the time.

(Will try & find something.)
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

Sound Relief was a multi-venue rock music concert held on 14 March 2009. The event was held simultaneously at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Sydney Cricket Ground. All the proceeds from the Melbourne Concert and half of the proceeds of the Sydney Concert went to the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal to aid victims of the Black Saturday bushfires. The other half of the Sydney proceeds went to the Queensland Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal to help flood victims

The Black Saturday bushfires were a series of bushfires that ignited or were burning across the Australian state of Victoria on and around Saturday, 7 February 2009 and were Australia's all-time worst bushfire disasters. The fires occurred during extreme bushfire-weather conditions and resulted in Australia's highest ever loss of life from a bushfire; 173 people died and 414 were injured as a result of the fires.

Paul Kelly performed this song as his last of a set at the MCG. In fornt of about 80 000 people.

Hope to redo another Kelly song and maybe bring a Midnight Oil song. They also performed at Sound Relief.

George Harrison, Concert For Bangladesh 1971.

The slave trader attempts to convince his listeners to climb aboard his ship and "sail away"
    with him to America (specifically Charleston), which he portrays as a land of happiness and plenty.
    Performed by Randy Newman at Farmaid, at a time when farmers were having their farms
    and land repossessed... slaves to the banking corporations.

There has always been a gulf between the promise and the reality and no more so today.

Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 04-16-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Just did a quick redo of another Paul Kelly song.
    I've done both of these Paul Kelly songs before and I don't think there is any improvement really just wanted to share them this season.
    I know our host recently did a beaut version of this one...

An interesting theme. I looked at the Wikipedia link last night and am mulling over some ideas for when I get home.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Thread Information