Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 270 - Be-Cause

This one has been Recorded by many musicians but I have chosen Paul McCartney, (2006). The Benefit I have chosen as representative of the many Sir Paul has Done is Music for Montserrat (1997). The cocert was hels at the Royal Albert Hall, to raise money to benefit Hurricane-ravaged Montserrat, a Caribbean island where George Martin operates a recording studio.

"Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

Season 270. Submission 2. "If You Could Read My Mind (Written and recorded by Gordon Lightfoot, 1970)

Gordon Lightfoot performed in over 40 benefit concerts between 1970 and 2012. Here I'd like to mention concerts he gave in 2009 and 2012 to benefit the Soldier's Memorial Hospital Foundation in Orillia, Ontario, Canada.

This original song for kids supports the cause of World Peace, or more accurately the Anti-war movement. It has the secondary cause of Girl Power.

All Things Must Pass is a triple album by English musician George Harrison. Recorded and released in 1970, the album was Harrison's first solo work since the break-up of the Beatles.

George Harrison, benefit for the starving children of Bangladesh.

The All Things Must Pass album inspired the "If Not For You" cancer benefit concert. The concert benefited local cancer patients with financial hardships. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sHc6sH3h6I It became a tribute to George Harrison tribute concert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DHXGN_OoM4

* This cover was inspired and borrowed from the pabrizzer version of the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsFcR1316O8&index=21

PS, Linda, today is another day of birthdays. I have two granddaughters that share todays special day. This will be it for the week for me. Im hoping to get some time before the week is out to have a good listen to this week.
    Last edited by lelouden; 04-18-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Default No Room for You - Demob

Enough of that left-handed malarky. Here's another staple in the pUKEs setlist, Demob's No Room For You part of our set at an anti-racist benefit in support of Green & Black Cross we did at T-Chances in Tottenham 2 Nov 2013

It's really weird doing these tunes 'solo'. Here's us performing this tune at London's famous 100 Club https://youtu.be/eQ7cKQjCtLo?t=2m20s
    Last edited by redpaul1; 04-18-2017 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added link
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Quote Originally Posted by IamNoMan View Post
    ... Music for Montserrat (1997). The concert was held at the Royal Albert Hall, to raise money to benefit Hurricane-ravaged Montserrat, a Caribbean island where George Martin operates* a recording studio.
    *Operated. 1) Air Studios Monserrat never reopened after the hurricane (Hurricane Hugo, 1989). 2) Sir George died in March last year.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Midge Ure (Ultravox), Live Aid, 1985.

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas
    Axes:
    Sopranos - Kala Makala, Kala Ukadelic Texas Flag, Bruko Hilo (vintage 1960s!)
    Concert - Epiphone Les Paul
    Tenors - Kala KA-TE, Kala KA-TEME,
    Banjo Uke: Duke (tenor scale)
    Not a ukulele: Seagull Merlin (stick dulcimer)
    Keys:
    Hohner Instructor 32 melodica
    Ukulele Country: My blog about the ukulele and other musical things.

Another fine listening day for me! I've heard everything through redpaul's "No Room For You." Great to read about the benefits and to find an original song submission to the Season.

I need to call it night, so I can be ready to teach early tomorrow. And so, Day 3 comes to close.

Thank you so much for all the playing, singing and listening this week! Linda

This was performed by Donovan at "The Secret Policeman's Other Ball" in 1981 for Amnesty International.

Randy - Harry122
    "Whether or not you can ever become great at something, you can always become better at it." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Eric Clapton, Concert For Bangladesh 1971 again, sorry, I'm so predictable.

Thread Information