Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 270 - Be-Cause

Greetings,

This choice was inspired from the Hurricane Sandy benefit concerts, where Billy Joel was among the performers. Some thought of Sandy as a "rich people's storm" but that was not the case. The loss of life and homes were significant. In any case, this is NOT a political statement but a video of the storm. I know folks whose homes literally floated away into the ocean down in Southern NJ. Weird.

Here is the vid - Ciao
    Hey y'all. Putting the thumbs up. Collabs welcome if my files are able to be tweaked. Who knows. Might happen. Ciao.

Delighted to be able to be back with you this week! This song was sung by UB40, (who hail from my home town) - at the concert held in Hyde Park, London 2 July 2005 "Live 8".... to raise awareness of the G8 Summit, "taking action against world poverty".

Favourite uke - DJ Morgan long neck soprano
    Favourite banjo uke - vintage Gibson UB2

My blog lifesaukafrolic.blogspot.co.uk

Billy Joe Shaver, Farm Aid, 2007 and 2011. This one sounds a lot like another famous Texas waltz song.

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas
    Axes:
    Sopranos - Kala Makala, Kala Ukadelic Texas Flag, Bruko Hilo (vintage 1960s!)
    Concert - Epiphone Les Paul
    Tenors - Kala KA-TE, Kala KA-TEME,
    Banjo Uke: Duke (tenor scale)
    Not a ukulele: Seagull Merlin (stick dulcimer)
    Keys:
    Hohner Instructor 32 melodica
    Ukulele Country: My blog about the ukulele and other musical things.

Quote Originally Posted by redpaul1 View Post
    Live Aid was, of course, not simply, about raising money for Ethiopia. For the artists and groups participating it represented a glorious showcasing opportunity.

As it turned out, however, despite the global exposure granted via LiveAid, it did very little to change the trajectory of participants' careers. Those artists who were on the way up, U2, say, or Dire Straits, continued on the way up. Those who were on the way down, The Boomtown Rats, Adam Ant, The Cars, The Hooters (who? precisely), continued on their way down.
    I loved the Hooters! Their lead singer also played the melodica.
    YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas
    Axes:
    Sopranos - Kala Makala, Kala Ukadelic Texas Flag, Bruko Hilo (vintage 1960s!)
    Concert - Epiphone Les Paul
    Tenors - Kala KA-TE, Kala KA-TEME,
    Banjo Uke: Duke (tenor scale)
    Not a ukulele: Seagull Merlin (stick dulcimer)
    Keys:
    Hohner Instructor 32 melodica
    Ukulele Country: My blog about the ukulele and other musical things.

Well, that brings today to a close for me. So many memories were returned to me as I listened to some of these songs. And how inviting some of these new songs were as well.

Thank you so very much. I look forward to tomorrow and everything you bring. Thank you. Linda

David Bowie played "Heroes" at Live Aid, with Thomas Dolby on keyboards. I just got today an effects box that makes sounds like a Mellotron keyboard, so I'm trying it out here. You can hear that the box picks up the noise from strumming the strings, and does weird bass things with it.

Last edited by uke4ia; 04-20-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

You must write a song or jingle for the upcoming election!!! We will sing it at all our meetups until the election for our new 6th district Congressman. It will become a meme, and you will be the hero who helped elect the best candidate!

Midnight Oil reformed to perform this at Sound Relief in 2009. Atb the time Peter Garrett was a minister in the federal government.

The original is just so much better than this feeble cover and really a must listen HERE.

This is Feelin Good originally written by Anthony Newly performed by many artists. This song was sung at a "Hugs for Charley" Benefit.
    Charley is a 6 year old suffering from Leukemia. We do a Jazz Dance each year in our community to benefit community members suffering from cancer.
    This is our Ukulele Group called "Forte' & the Pianissimos"

Last edited by forte555; 04-21-2017 at 07:20 AM. Reason: requested to add name and title

Joe Cocker sang this song this song in 1988 at the Nelson Mandela benefit concert.

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Thread Information