Season 270 - Be-Cause

I have a song ready to go for this season. However, I've ended up being busier than expected over the last few days, and we are about to have a scheduled blackout here all day, so I don't think I'm going to get it recorded in time. Thanks for the inspiration to try a new song, and I'll have to save it up for a future season. Unfortunately I don't think it was played in Boardwalk Empire :(

Robin, I'm very appreciative of your note. Can't wait to hear that new song when the time is right. Please don't wait too long; I'm older than you, you know. ;) x

Well, it's almost time for the curtain to close on Season 270. Big thank you to those who've posted today! I'll be back tomorrow to view any final entries that we have.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! Linda :)

Robin, I'm very appreciative of your note. Can't wait to hear that new song when the time is right. Please don't wait too long; I'm older than you, you know. ;) x

I may have spoken too soon. The "planned blackout" hasn't yet happened as planned. Give me a few minutes and I'll see what I can do.

Well, hopefully this will finish uploading before the power cuts out. I have to head out now, so if it doesn't display, please blame the power company.

Pink Floyd did this one at Live 8 in 2005. This is right at the top of my range if I do it at the same pitch they do it, and right at the bottom if I do it an octave low. Tiffany told me I should do it an octave low, so here it is.

I wish I'd been here too, Robin. :rolleyes:

This week just proved too much for me - between translations, marking and family commitments, my plan to revive a few old protest songs of mine just never materialised.

I've dipped into 270 as a listener (especially in the first couple of days) - but I just never found the time to record a video for the week. Sorry, Linda.

Thank you, Ms Linda for a very enjoyable SOTU #270. I haven't yet listened to as many submissions as I will (...old & slow; that's me!:eek:ld:) but your Season certainly provoked some fine stuff from the Seasonistas. I always appreciate a host who renders thoughtful, speedy comments & keeps the playlist current - you excelled in all aspects as the Ringmaster for SOTU #270. Thanks!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Thank you, Ms Linda for a very enjoyable SOTU #270. I haven't yet listened to as many submissions as I will (...old & slow; that's me!:eek:ld:) but your Season certainly provoked some fine stuff from the Seasonistas. I always appreciate a host who renders thoughtful, speedy comments & keeps the playlist current - you excelled in all aspects as the Ringmaster for SOTU #270. Thanks!
:cheers:

And thank you so much, Sir Surly, for your kind thoughts here.... and participating. U Da Man, Mac. :)

Good morning, everyone. I'm off to work and then will listen to our final 3 entries, those from Manfrog and Robin.

My Season wrap will be posted tomorrow morning around noon (my time).

Thank you all so very very much for all you've done to make this Season so wonderful. I'm so grateful.

Linda :)

Sorry Linda, we're a bit late.
But here's a final one anyway. We recorded it early today just for fun but weren't able to upload it til now.
More Paul Kelly.

Sorry Linda, we're a bit late.
But here's a final one anyway. We recorded it early today just for fun but weren't able to upload it til now.
More Paul Kelly.

Glad you've bought it! Not to worry one bit about the posting time, please. :)

Sorry I didn't make it - I had a distraction on Wednesday - my new chromatic harmonica arrived. :love:

A good distraction, indeed, Keith! I hope you're having lots of fun with it. And I hope to hear it in a recording down the road. :)

I wish I'd been here too, Robin. :rolleyes:

This week just proved too much for me - between translations, marking and family commitments, my plan to revive a few old protest songs of mine just never materialised.

I've dipped into 270 as a listener (especially in the first couple of days) - but I just never found the time to record a video for the week. Sorry, Linda.

Berni, sorry that the week caught up to you! (Believe me, I know how this is. It's that time in my semester when the paper swamp gets even swampier. ;) ) Thanks so much for the listening you've done - much appreciated! :)

Greetings,

I just wanted to say it was a great week, but sorry that I did not get to see many vids and visit my favs. Work project is keeping me tied up, and that really took up most of my time. I saw the titles and the list, and will pop by a few this week to check them out. Great causes !

Ciao

Greetings,

I just wanted to say it was a great week, but sorry that I did not get to see many vids and visit my favs. Work project is keeping me tied up, and that really took up most of my time. I saw the titles and the list, and will pop by a few this week to check them out. Great causes !

Ciao

Thanks so much for participating, Gina! :)

Greetings,

Ciao

I would call in the police... that just sound like workplace harassment to me... I wouldn't stand for it... being tied up:eek:ld:

So sorry for the delay in posting the wrap. It is taking forever for the vid to upload to the Tube, perhaps because of the bad weather here. Now I have to run out. I'll be able to post this when I return: 4 p.m. My apologies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom