FS: Martin S-O Soprano Ukulele made in Mexico

zagato

Reaction score
For Sale: Martin S-O Soprano Ukulele and gigbag. New Martin M600 strings. Good condition (i.e. small dent on headstock, small nick on lower bout, hairline crack on soundboard). Please refer to photos. Glued crack with Titebond Original Wood Glue using "percussive method".

Sold As-Is and no returns. Please feel free to ask any questions.
$150 including shipping to lower 48 states. PayPal only.

image1 (1).jpgimage1 (2).jpgimage1.jpgimage3 (1).jpgimage3 (2).jpg

SOLD.

Last edited:
Hi Zag, would you say that the action and intonation are good; that there's no unusual fret wear; and that the bridge seems secure and hasn't ever popped off and been re-glued? Thanks! -Bill

Also, could you briefly explain what the "percussive method" means, in relation to the gluing of the hairline crack on the soundboard? Thanks! -Bill

Hi Bill,

To answer our questions:
The action at the nut is low but could be even lower if you file down the saddle (see attached photo). The intonation seems okay but I only really played chords up to the 5th fret. Frets aren't unusually worn and the bridge isn't lifting and appears to have never been re-glued. The "percussive method: of gluing a hairline crack is basically applying the glue and then tapping the glue into the crack with your finger tip. Here's the video I watched for instructions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i4wjJv5nkw&sns=em

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Dan (zagato)

image2.jpgimage2 (2).jpg

Top Bottom