Light for music stand

I'm having a challenge reading the music on my music stand at home. Do any of you use a light on your stand? If so, which one/

I use a "standard lamp" behind my seat, effectively shining over my shoulder. I found anything closer gave uneven lighting and/or "hotspots".

If there is an "on-stand" illumination solution that gives an even spread of light over an A4 (vertical) or even A3 (horizontal) page I'd be keen to hear of it :)

I just bought a Donner DL-2 LED Music Score Light. It was $10 +/- It seems to work well in my tests at home I have not used it in a performance situation yet.

I use the Biolite USB FlexLight on a cell phone type battery brick. I carry both in my backpack or tote for other uses, too. I use it for lighting when not near an outlet, such as when camping. It is a dandy laptop light in a dark room.

http://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/flexlight

I use a flexible necked floor lamp, one can put it whereever he/she likes -- works great. My wife uses it in her sewing room too.

It's light (Ha?) and easy to carry around. :eek:ld:

I use this clip-on light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OAMFOF0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

attachment.php

Last edited:
And I use this one.

bratsche

I don't preform in groups. I am always a soloist. I don't think each group member would have his/her own light. :eek:ld:

Well, only those of us who can't see without it do. (But I don't bump into everything and hafta touch stuff to keep my balance - yet.... :D)

bratsche

Well, only those of us who can't see without it do. (But I don't bump into everything and hafta touch stuff to keep my balance - yet.... :D)

bratsche

Ha! I'm glad you appreciate my humor.

I'm surprised that no body mentioned one of those lights that one wears on his/her head like a miner. :eek:ld:

Great!, UkerDanno, but one wouldn't need to wear the helmets. Some lights just have a headband. I think campers use them.

Or, one could just tape a flashlight to his/her head. :eek:ld:

Just personally, I resisted getting any of the deely-bopper or antennae-type stand lights for years, after experiencing them on a number of gigs. I yearned to get a good, not too expensive one with a single, bright light bar across the top. The difference to me is, if you'll pardon the expression, like night and day.

Oh, and I have a few headband-type lights as well. They're great for doing odd jobs around the house, especially ones that involve crawling into kitchen or bathroom cabinets. Not so good for music, though. Particularly if you move your head around a lot while playing. :)

bratsche

Great!, UkerDanno, but one wouldn't need to wear the helmets. Some lights just have a headband. I think campers use them.

Or, one could just tape a flashlight to his/her head. :eek:ld:

Depends on your skill level and the crowd. Sometimes you may want the helmet to protect you from projectiles.

Just personally, I resisted getting any of the deely-bopper or antennae-type stand lights for years, after experiencing them on a number of gigs. I yearned to get a good, not too expensive one with a single, bright light bar across the top. The difference to me is, if you'll pardon the expression, like night and day.

I'm going to give your linked one a try! The deely-bopper style works great the one time a year when I perform with my group on a dimly-lit, crowded stage, where I can angle it exactly where I need it, but I think for the day to day aiding of my middle-aged eyes, I'd prefer the light bar. So - thanks for the reco!

Top Bottom