feedback subforum

Stagehand

Reaction score
I have had several great transactions with UU members.
It would be nice to have a specific place to leave feedback.
A feedback subforum of the marketplace is my suggestion.
Thanks.

Interesting idea. I could see potential problems, though, if someone gives negative feedback for another member and that member complains to staff about it (or arguments of the "he said, she said" type ensue). Only allowing positive feedback would be a way around that, but it would lessen the usefulness, although it might happen anyway as I've noticed a tendency in this community to be very forthcoming with praise about vendors and luthiers, but strong reluctance to offer critical or negative feedback about them (which is usually only exchanged privately). Probably partly out of politeness, and partly out of fear of attacks from fans of the vendor or luthier (not an unreasonable concern, as some threads over the years have shown where posters became the bad guys for daring to even mildly criticize popular dealers or makers).

Mivo, I understand and somewhat agree with your concerns about vendors and luthiers. They are readily discussed in various threads.
I was thinking more towards private sales. Rarely do you hear of a good transaction.

Last edited:
This is just to say that I've had multiple private transactions, involving seven other UU members. Each has been a terrific experience. The ukes were shipped carefully and each instrument was exactly as described. I used Paypal and experienced no problems with financial transactions. I've even become friends with several of the individuals involved. And even those that I did not remain in contact with were very gracious and forthright during the process. I salute all of these individuals
and, out of respect for the privacy of our transactions, choose to keep their names out of public discussion.

I never have sold a uke, so I can't comment from a seller's perspective.

Stagehand, I've been blessed in working through the UU Marketplace. Linda

Top Bottom