FS: New Concert Spruce top by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
This is a new concert size uke made of some very nice woods for the body. The top is book matched Sitka spruce that is light in weight and very even grain lines some Bear Claw marks. There was a small knot in the upper bout so I inlaid a MOP star over it. The back and sides are Pau Ferro that I have
had for about 10 years and its make a beautiful unique looking uke. The top and back bindings are white vinyl with a top purfling and sound hole
rosette are b/w/b combination of wood strips. The top plate, fingerboard and bridge are rosewood. The neck is Mango wood with a truss rod. This Mango has nice color and some very small worm holes from years past, and is a bit harder than Mahogany. There are 12 frets to the body, 18 total. Frets are slightly larger than small uke frets making playing easy and smooth. The nut width is 1 3/8". MOP dots for fret markers with white side dots. Bone nut and compensated bridge saddle. Chrome colored Grover brand friction tuners with cream colored knobs. MOP into ebony logo inlay. High gloss nitro-lacquer finish rubbed to a smooth satin. 15" playing scale. Worth brand BM strings. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow sound with excellent highs that spruce is famous for. I offer a 2 day trial period, your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. Limited lifetime warranty to the original owner. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA by Black Bear Ukes. $35 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

Lower price! Was $1350, then $1100, now $950

Attachments

• 2017-4-18 Concert Uke-a.jpg
    2017-4-18 Concert Uke-a.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 327
  • 2017-4-18 Concert Uke-b.jpg
    2017-4-18 Concert Uke-b.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 2017-4-18 Concert Uke-d.jpg
    2017-4-18 Concert Uke-d.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
This is a beautiful ukulele, and Black Bear ukuleles play and sound so nice. I've got a koa concert from Duane, and it's superb. The mango neck adds great character and is extremely comfortable to play. Excellent hand-made instruments. Can't recommend enough!

-Steve

This is a beautiful ukulele, and Black Bear ukuleles play and sound so nice. I've got a koa concert from Duane, and it's superb. The mango neck adds great character and is extremely comfortable to play. Excellent hand-made instruments. Can't recommend enough!

-Steve

+1 Black Bear style and delightful sounds. Highly recommended.

Price lowered to $950. Since I have not yet sold this nice uke, I am lowering the price one more time. If it does not sell, it will be on my web site and sit there. There does not seem to be much interest in my ukes these days, so I will not make any more, except on commission basis if I have the time and inclination. Thanks.

Last edited:
Email will be sent as soon as I get to my computer!

Top Bottom