Harp Ukulele

Woodie49

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get plans for a Harp Ukulele ?
Thanks,

I also tried to find someone willing to sell me Harp uke plans a while ago and drew a blank pretty quickly.

The only commercially available solution was templates from http://www.waldronmusic.com/productlist.php?type=&model=Harp+Ukulele&cat=32 but cost of import and general laziness resulted in me shelving the idea.

I plan to attempt a Harp uke of some form in the future but will likely just take a plan of a standard uke and improvise the Harp part using old fashioned guesswork and a lot of swearing.

I was never quite sure how long to make the Harp strings. Not sure if that is me being daft or if there are rules similar to normal scale lengths.

I reckon Harp ukes are a bit of fun/folly so if you want to build one then go for it ... What's the worst that can happen?
Good luck and report back if you have a go

Last edited:
I also tried to find someone willing to sell me Harp uke plans a while ago and drew a blank pretty quickly.

The only commercially available solution was templates from http://www.waldronmusic.com/productlist.php?type=&model=Harp+Ukulele&cat=32 but cost of import and general laziness resulted in me shelving the idea.

I plan to attempt a Harp uke of some form in the future but will likely just take a plan of a standard uke and improvise the Harp part using old fashioned guesswork and a lot of swearing.

I was never quite sure how long to make the Harp strings. Not sure if that is me being daft or if there are rules similar to normal scale lengths.

I reckon Harp ukes are a bit of fun/folly so if you want to build one then go for it ... What's the worst that can happen?
Good luck and report back if you have a go

I thanking of reducing plans down for a Harp Guitar. What do you think?

Pete may ask why you don't sell the plans any more?
Thanks

Ask Duane Heilman. If he's willing, he was the first to reproduce these (I think) and probably has some excellent drawings.

This string calculator should help.

My husband is also keen to make one of these. He doesn't play the uke himself but says he would if he could get a harp uke.

That looks great. I like the little off-shoot at the bottom right of the uke and home made rope binding gets extra points all day long in my book
:)

Top Bottom