Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It hurts to do this, but I'm desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hanks View Post
    First of all, two weeks seems like an awfully long time to wait for a diagnostic on something like this, so I'd have been skeptical and would have been calling around immediately for other options. At this point, it's still worth calling around and trying to get a second opinion and an independent is a very good idea. When you're looking at thousands of dollars for a repair, $100-200 for a diagnostic is a worthwhile investment, for peace of mind if nothing else.

I hate dealing with this kind of stuff too, but you have to be the squeaky wheel. Trust me, "they" are not looking out for you. You have to be your own advocate. Best of luck!
    It took them a day to tell me what was wrong with it, but it took them 2 weeks to get me an appointment. I've been talking to a few people I know about fixing it so hopefully someone can help me out.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

Check your oil dip stick for milky residue, and radiator for oil or bubbles, also exhaust manifold leak, white
    Tail pipe smoke or sweet smelling. Also if you have coolant in your radiator, check you plugs for a greenish tint
    If so you have a blown head gasket or worse

Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

Yeah get another opinion, the dealer sounds shady. I dunno, valve cover "leak" (they can ooze, is it blown? "coolant leaks", "leaks everywhere"... you could have blown a hose and overheated the engine to the point of seizing, or just stopping, but you should have seen your temp gauge climb and smelled coolant. Get a better diagnosis, that one is non-specific and flaky.
    I should be curling up with a good uke, a book and my dog.

I got some great news. They sent pics to the warranty company and they said I kept up with my oil changes and I would be covered for the replacement turbo and valve cover. The only thing that they won't cover is the coolant leak, but I have a friend who works at a dealership who is willing to help me out. Such a huge relief. I was hours away from selling my KoAloha which would have killed me. Thanks all for the advice.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

That's great news, Kyle!

Kyle, I'm glad things seem to be sorted out but I have to close this thread.

Everyone, please check the UU rules: particularly the prohibition on soliciting donations without prior authorisation from mods or admin.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...nd-Forum-Rules

Thanks.
    And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no,
    And whether the skin be black or white as the snow,
    Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong,
    As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.

Thread Information