Season #271 Boardwalk Empire songs.

Daughter Maitland you say?

Took some liberties with the lyrics here. Chords and lyrics in the YT description.

Sorry, it's me again.... must answer this! As a child I did ballet and tap until I was nine; then we moved house and Mum couldn't get me to classes any more so I had to stop - but I loved it. Never did any of this again until I retired - a local lady does tap classes to raise money for the Roy Castle charity, she was a personal friend of his - so for the last few years I've been tapping twice weekly and having huge fun! It's so light-hearted, and we dance to all the old songs... perfect! Gets the heart-rate up just nicely, it's wonderful! I adore Fred Astaire and his lady partners, pure magic!

I can think of no better season than for you to do one of those "Old Songs" while you tap dance. Isn't that what all the ladies did in the 20s ;-)
I couldn't be more impressed with you Lesley. Seems you can do it all!

Here's a Daughter Maitland song from Boardwalk Empire. More importantly, more Gershwin is always a good thing!

I can think of no better season than for you to do one of those "Old Songs" while you tap dance. Isn't that what all the ladies did in the 20s ;-)
QUOTE]Haha, I assure you, that would be a sight worth missing!

But... here's a Whispering to add to the collection! On the short side...

Here's a post for season 271. I know others have done a great job on this piece. However, I'm tight for time and not familiar with Boardwalk Empire. What I've learned about the series is that it's an amazing series with amazing music. What a fun way to learn. Thank You. :cool:
Here's one for the season from Forte' & AJ (St. Louis Blues)

A Sophie Tucker song. In the 1920-set HBO drama, Boardwalk Empire, the 1911 version of
the song by Sophie Tucker is played in the pilot episode. In the ninth episode, Sophie Tucker
appears as a character (played by Kathy Brier) in a Cabaret show and sings the song.

Hello!!

This is my very fast, fast, fast (Maybe too much!) cover of this beautiful song!

A big Hug!

Sara

River of Jordan

Daughter Maitland sings this acapella to the sound of the ocean at the end of the Boardwalk Empire series. It is an old Carter Family song called
Welcome table but the series renamed it River of Jordan.

I'm enjoying this season so much, with the chance to listen to and play all these lovely old songs that I really love - and I'm so glad that I've been free to take part this week! I feel very lucky that my free time coincided with your Season, Rob! Anyway, here's another from me... when I made a list earlier in the week of some of the songs listed, this one was on it so here goes. I enjoyed going for some chords up the neck... the product of some of the great uke lessons I've been having from Phil Doleman! Great teacher!

my final contribution played on a firefly soprano banjouke

I had hoped to contribute a bit more this week but I got struck down by a sore throat bug and ended up with a voice like a blunt saw. Just now getting over it.

This Ragtime Classic is what is known as a "Coon Song" Although the term is frequently used in terms of race it is more proper to view it as a period piece that reveals the social problems of earlier times. In this case it is spousal abuse and the notion that it is the victim's fault. An issue still with us today. As I watched the first episode of BE I noted with certain appreciation that this song was playing in the background as Peggy Schroeder's husband is leaving the house on his way to ambush and death.

Just stopped by for the first time since last Saturday (life is so busy with planting and transplanting I haven't done anything else but garden all week). Oh my- I just watched everybody's version of Whispering! What fun- they are all so different. That's it- I've been inspired. Off to learn the chords.

Top Bottom