Re-attaching K & K Aloha Twin Pickups?

Doc_J

Reaction score
Hey, got a new-to-me uke with a K&K Aloha Twin Pickup. During shipping the piezo discs fell off of the top. The double sided tape looks like it was full of saw dust and wood debris (probably why it fell off). Any suggestions how an average Joe can re-attach most successfully?

My simple idea is to apply more double-side tape on it and press back to the top as close to the bridge as possible. Or do I really need to take the pickup out, clean off the pickup, add tape and re-install? I'm afraid I won't be able to re-install the inside bit of the jack.

Suggestions appreciated.

AF1QipME117rZS5ILCfc0a1bVr2LjYVFuw95tCVv2EeN

9nQtHId3I56IDZv-hL5K03dE-s1CZdh-rxRzJJPZhdTSdovt9uaeQdY3WFwNN7zS8951iWP6E9ib_n4Pt9BBHdN0UD4XSojOW5cQZK3Xiv3OIpVrHdgE8rbiJg5Plc5j1eLqX0p59gygQtoVBFxDc6wySPAtEpUhlnliRWaRpw9ijNm_IenpMbfGBOhwuhUsI4gj8BpmZRnK_ZRtdYIkEOmBpLRzg_1anyeR8XUBj2eB-PHBIIvYV4JGeqfCVkqtGu78csWyestL9o5UAr6IlpXLIzgPOI-NbfFB-xChkCvGybMbVCgCsDYERVfR3TePTZl8VyzkUwGD1-VwLZDqkiUAbKkEjptlyPyAXWNVGkZhOJlpSYQQIy02rQlwqiGgEN7u63fpqzzX1_8F2--QYFMbB_mxW-Kza5EebpAD0_L70e0WCpSP3tWSzG29KxwSF5EY2OiMwlGajt2vbYNU2jLkSB50WRUntphiEUh3ilap78k4_9m1bZ2y5EcLh8UdpaIypV79TURBzRbC-QtT11Sft5yopZnaf6hE11GQXLNgTqlI1CWvX4qfk4zqV8VYbs_HfwQChpPn7qLjNTpC9vid6wYK5uPW8uAyHUIPPc_beCSn2nc=w1144-h858-no

Last edited:
Hi Hodge, I generally use the super glue method to attach the transducers, it's relatively simple and effective. I don't trust the double sided tape. I also use a 6mm plastic drinking straw inserted into the endpin jack to make it easier to handle, once inserted it will make it quite easy to push the endpin socket within reach of the soundhole when the nut is removed. http://kksound.com/support/doublesidetape.php

Thanks Campbell. Great idea about using a drinking straw to position the endpin jack. That will let me take out the pickup and remove the old adhesive tape. I may give double sided adhesive one more try first, before using super glue. Will also wipe down the mounting locations on the sound board too.

You can just plug in your cable to the jack and use that to get the scoket back in place afterwards.

Top Bottom