greetings from North Carolina

hotdogfingers

Reaction score
Hi all-

long-time noodler, needing to play more uke to keep my sanity. I'm in Winston-Salem, NC, home of the Camel cigarette and some mighty fine barbeque- woo hoo!! cheers!;)

Fine BBQ in Winston-Salem? No way. You gotta go east a few hours. :p
Welcome!

I spent a week in Winston Salem last fall. I recently retired and am thinking of leaving the northeast. Wonderful town. Excellent food, my wife and I had a very interesting meal at a Mongolian place near the Hanes Mall. I have some very good friends in the area who are wonderful musicians. I'll pm you their names.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. Why don't you head over there and noodle for a while? https://allevents.in/winston-salem/uke-circle-at-the-muddy-creek-music-hall/1710577745822280#
I have been to the Bethania Mill and ate lunch at the little restaurant. I was in the music store and saw a lot of ukes on the wall.
Nice little town. I saw an old poster in the music store for a Beach Boys Concert that took place in 1965 at a stadium in Hartford Conn. I live fairly close to Hartford. Strange to be so far away from home and see that poster. Forgot to ask the owner how he got the poster. After eating we went back to ask him. He had closed up shop to go home for lunch!

Top Bottom