Dean banjolele?

Nope. This instrument has five strings, though. I can barely handle the four in the usual instruments of the -lele department.

If you get one, can you share a review?

5 string travel banjo, but I've often speculated on tuning one gGCEA. Someone here has to have tried that. One way to get a "banjo uke" with metal strings.

Last edited:
Thank you. I stand corrected. I'm not considering a small banjo yet.....having too much fun with 4 strings. But if I do, I'll probably ditch the steel strings, I hates em.

Thank you. I stand corrected. I'm not considering a small banjo yet.....having too much fun with 4 strings. But if I do, I'll probably ditch the steel strings, I hates em.

A fun thing about banjo. Banjo is unlike guitar (or uke) in that you can swap between nylon and steel strings on the same instrument. Bracing concerns make it so steel strings destroy a nylon string guitar (more tension) and nylon strings sound dead on a steel string guitar (not enough energy to drive the top). With a banjo, you can swap out the steel strings for nylon, and other than making sure the contact points (Bridge, Nut, tailpiece) are set up for wider and softer strings, the same instrument can support either string type.

Top Bottom