Need more help

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
I hate to be a mooch but you all gave me such great suggestions for the 2 chord songs I just have to ask for more suggestions.

I have my uke group of retirees up to the point they can play C, Am, Dm, G7 progression (Plus C7, F, G).....suggestions for songs?

A lot of the songs I know with that progression have a difficult bridge, I might try to simplify them but you all might have a better suggestion.

I know plenty of songs using those chords (if not that progression), but it might help to know what sort of music they are into. Also, might I suggest teaching them Em or E7? It would open up a lot of possibilities.

I know plenty of songs using those chords (if not that progression), but it might help to know what sort of music they are into. Also, might I suggest teaching them Em or E7? It would open up a lot of possibilities.
Old Standards like Blue Moon and Heart and Soul seem to ring their bell.

There are tons of lists on the web for I vi ii V progression songs, and if you swap out the Dm for an F you can also look for I vi IV V songs (AKA 50s progression, "ice cream" changes).

When I was first learning to play, I went to a jam where the leader took us nonstop through maybe 25-30 songs using one or both of those - with I could remember the full list but lots of Buddy Holly songs and doo-wop. As a then-beginning player, I thought it was a blast!

Top Bottom