Hey there from Santa Barbara California!

bjjbyers

Reaction score
I of course wouldnt be posting on this forum if I was new, and here I am! If anyone happens to know of a thread that goes in depth about the pros and cons of laminate and solid builds as well as which ukulele companies provide the best tuners right from the start. I ask because im looking for a new ukulele and I dont want to take this purchase lightly:p

Welcome to UU!

I of course wouldnt be posting on this forum if I was new, and here I am! If anyone happens to know of a thread that goes in depth about the pros and cons of laminate and solid builds as well as which ukulele companies provide the best tuners right from the start. I ask because im looking for a new ukulele and I dont want to take this purchase lightly:p

Welcome!

That bit about not taking your purchase lightly warrants a comment. I purchased a couple different types of instruments at various times in my life. I've found if you don't buy a something that is really good right off the bat you'll eventually need to purchase something better because the lack of quality will get in the way of your progressing on your instrument. Now, I'm not saying buy a top end custom ukulele but buy at least a low end professional grade instrument. I got a Pono MT for only $351 so it's not cheap but it's also not insanely expensive.

-- Gary

Make a trip to Ventura and Anacapa Ukulele. They have a wide selection and you can play the instruments.

Welcome! A little closer to home is Jensen Guitar & Music. Locally-owned for over 40 years. A decent selection of Ukes in various price ranges, and the
owner Chris Jensen is an excellent Luthier. As 'sculptor' suggested, this will not likely be your last Uke purchase, so consider spending a little more to get a lot more
out of it.
Often, beginners choose a cheap/unplayable instrument, get discouraged, and abandon the idea.

"With every tool obtained, there is another that is needed"

Top Bottom