WTB: Handmade Concert w/ Pickup

Paulrick

Reaction score
Hey friends. I'm on the hunt for a new uke. I am pretty open in regards to who built the uke or what wood it's made of. I am partial to concerts and play out enough to warrant a pickup (not a deal breaker though). It might be a long shot but I'm looking for something sub $1000.

I had a black bear concert a while back that was amazing and miss it dearly.

Let me know what you've got!

You could probably get a new Covered Bridge for that - or close at least depending on what pickup you wanted.

Plenty of great Ukes to choose from. If you liked your BB, Duane has this up for sale. It's higher, but it can't hurt to look.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?126915-FS-New-Concert-Spruce-top-by-Black-Bear

Ono is another brand with a wonderful luthier. His Ukes are very well respected here. You could also get Kamaka and Kanile'a and KoAloha in that general price range here in the market place. You just have to be diligent and watch... They are out there.

Best on your search.

I was going to suggest Ono too but his base is $1000 and with pickup and hard case would be more like $1300. You could also try to get lucky with Cocobolo but availablilty is by lottery.

And like Rappsy says there are lots of great "factory" options too, especially for something that is going to get hauled around a lot.

Top Bottom