Aloha from the Space Coast, FL

Prattism@gmail.com

Reaction score
Been playing on and off for about 5 years. Recently moved here from Dallas, picked up a couple of new Ukuleles and am transitioning from mostly guitar to mostly Ukulele.

I like the outdoors, long hikes, sailing and the islands. The abuse destroyed a Martin Backpacker, but my silly little Makala Waterman (Clear) can take a heck of a beating. For long hikes, it's a lot easier to carry a 16 oz Ukulele (including tuner & capo) than a dreadnought guitar.

The thing is, the more I play the Uke, the less inclined I am to pick up one of my guitars. So I figure it's time to get serious. The fact that my father is half Hawai'ian helps.

I'm here to step up my game, and learn a lot more about this instrument. I'm hoping to use UU as a springboard. The activity on the forums and all the great information is a huge plus.

Currently playing:
Lanikai SMP-T, solid Monkey Pod tenor
Pono MGCD, Mango Concert Deluxe
Mitchell MU-70, Spruce top Concert
Caramel CT400 Mahogany Butterfly Tenor (electric)
Makala Waterman (Clear) Soprano (x2)

Hi PhilUSAFRet,

Haven't had a chance to check out any of the local groups yet, although I'd love to. I moved here to help my parents with some health issues, and that's turned out to be a full-time job for a while. Hopefully, in 4-6 weeks, if things go as planned, I'll actually have some free time. Looks like you're only about 5 miles from me, so I'll be sure to check out the morning jam. Thanks!

Top Bottom