Hi from Canada!

cosita

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I apparently have had this account since 2015 (had to do a password reset), but I've only been lurking since the beginning of the year when I picked up a cheap uke off Amazon. I got a cheap one because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to stick with it.

But. The uke is such a happy instrument that I look forward to daily practice, which wasn't the case with the piano and the guitar, both of which I played for years but have never found this kind of joy with. I knew I should've started this earlier!

I'm looking forward to getting to know the forum and its inhabitants more in the coming days, months, years... and to getting a nicer uke, too. :)

Last edited:
Hello from a fellow Canadian. This is a great place with good people, you will learn a lot, I have. Where abouts are you located in Canada?

Thanks, Camsuke and uke1950! :)

UpDownDave: Burlington, for now anyway. Glad to see other Canadians here because that means if I have some Canada-specific uke questions, there's a probability of my finding the answers here at UU!

Last edited:
Howdy and welcome Cosita. I grew up in Dundas, but now live in Port Hope. You've probably heard of this place in Dundas, but just in case, since you live pretty close, it's definitely worth a visit if you're in the market for a new uke, strings, case or workshops.
http://stringalongukulele.ca/

Welcome, cosita! We're glad you've introduced yourself and are having such a great time with everyone's favorite instrument!

Welcome aboard !
My friend lived in Burlington used to join the uke jam in Oakville. Now she is in Hamilton, she joins the one in Dundas.
I visited once, looks like quite a large group over there. Both group are close to where you are!
Downupdave, sam13 and few others are in the Greater Toronto area. We get together twice a month .
Nice to see another Canadian here!

Howdy and welcome Cosita. I grew up in Dundas, but now live in Port Hope. You've probably heard of this place in Dundas, but just in case, since you live pretty close, it's definitely worth a visit if you're in the market for a new uke, strings, case or workshops.
http://stringalongukulele.ca/

Thank you so much for the recommendation, Jim! I got in touch and am currently waiting to set up an appointment. I'm excited to see more ukes! I'm hoping to see one of the concert-sized pineapples from Ohana because I haven't seen any of those yet.

Welcome, cosita! We're glad you've introduced yourself and are having such a great time with everyone's favorite instrument!

Thanks, Kathryn! I'm having a great time, my dog not so much. :p

Welcome aboard !
My friend lived in Burlington used to join the uke jam in Oakville. Now she is in Hamilton, she joins the one in Dundas.
I visited once, looks like quite a large group over there. Both group are close to where you are!
Downupdave, sam13 and few others are in the Greater Toronto area. We get together twice a month .
Nice to see another Canadian here!

Thank you, Brenda! I will definitely check those groups out. I'm still shy about my playing but I guess that gets drowned out in a group jam, right? :)

You can't even hear yourself in those large group
No one knows if you made a mistake. That's the beauty of it!

Hi Robin! Thank you for the welcome! I passed through Paris once two summers ago and it was lovely. There was a lookout point along the river with a stone marker that had a sphere on it, and we (we were a small group + dog) spent some time watching people float, canoe, and kayak down the river. That was a good day. :)

Hi from St John's. I had been playing classical guitar for years but was making no further progress. Then I got a Kala KA-T which was great for getting started but I wanted to look for something better. So last week I got a Lanika NKTU tenor with bass G which sounds wonderful. This should keep me entertained for a while.

Top Bottom