Season 272 - Like it was, Charley

i'm only just back from, what was it, 4 months, out of every loop on the planet, because i was so ill, i couldn't get online, i wasn't even plinking, it was horrid, sometimes you just have to just stop everything, and lie very still, and do a whole load of nothing until you start to feel better. it's ghastly, but you have to. x

Whee, I got to play one of my favorite songs for this Season. (And it was kind of tricky to learn, too.) This one's from Big Audio Dynamite II---goodness from the early 90s. Fun!!

Thanks for a good old time, Seasonistas!

I really hope you feel better soon Janet.

In the mean time, here is my last-minute, rushed attempt at Charlie No. 3. I wish I had time to give No. 1 a go, but it's the trickiest of them to play.

Hey, Ylle and everyone - I have been away all weekend, at a reunion of the house I lived in at college - an event that itself could not possibly be a better, more serendipitous fit for the "Like It Was" theme. I recorded two songs there, both with classmates collaborators, that fit both themes.

I planned to post both before the deadline, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get either one off my phone in the next two hours. I'm having technical difficulties ... plus it's after 4am, and I've just arrived home from a 4-hour drive and an hour of wrestling with phone and computers trying to get these vids to you.

So I'm going to go get a bit of sleep and try again in the morning. They'll be late, but I hope it's still okay with you. Both were recorded yesterday (Sunday), and I'm quite eager to share them and hope folks will take a minute to come see them.

One was my original, contest-winning entry to a story slam about memories of our college home - to the tune of a familiar Charlie song, performed live and unrehearsed minutes after I wrote it with a banjo-playing classmate. Everyone loved it, and sang along, and the judges awarded it the first of two special mentions, after declaring us all winners.

The second was also a perfect fit for both themes. There was one beloved classmate in attendance named Charlie, so I told him about the Charlie theme and asked to do a song with him. He came up with this inspired song choice. Our alma mater (MIT) and the house (Pika) are in Cambridge, Massachusetts, across the river from Boston. The river that separates Cambridge from Boston is, of course ... the Charles River! And there's a kickass song from that era about the Charles River ... so a group of us, led by classmate Charlie, recorded the song together on Pika's beautiful rooftop deck yesterday afternoon.

Eventually I'll get these uploaded to share with you all ... I hope some of you will come back and check them out when I do, because they are super fun!

Thanks, Ylle, for this perfect theme and its serendipitous timing, and everyone for your excellent contributions and warm welcome back after my long absence. Of course I have wonderful warm memories of how much fun it is to be a regular Seasons participant, and I plan to be much more involved again now. I've really missed you!

Gonna go get some sleep now.......
Sweet dreams and much love, Seasons friends!

I planned to post both before the deadline, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get either one off my phone in the next two hours. I'm having technical difficulties ... plus it's after 4am, and I've just arrived home from a 4-hour drive and an hour of wrestling with phone and computers trying to get these vids to you.
No worries, Wendy, post your songs when you can. Of course we'd like to hear some more entries from you. :)

Ylle, I think we're past the official closing time...though of course hoping for a few more. :) Just wanted to thank you for hosting and your fine theme. Most of all, I hope you've enjoyed the week and your first hosting experience. :)

Yes, indeed, the Season 272 is now officially closed. Thank you all so much for your terrific music and comments!

I hope to post the wrap up soon - either today or tomorrow.

The Seasonistas are fantastic group fo people. As a first time host, I really felt the warm and supportive atmosphere here. I had a great time and I loved your song choices and performances. :)

Ylle, this was a wonderful, interesting and challenging Season. Congratulations, I loved it!

Ylle, I think we're past the official closing time...though of course hoping for a few more. :) Just wanted to thank you for hosting and your fine theme. Most of all, I hope you've enjoyed the week and your first hosting experience. :)

Thank you, Linda, for your fine entries and kind comments! Hosting was fun. :D

Greetings,

Awesome week. I bet on the Kentucky Derby this week, I felt so lucky. (No I didn't win money, but had fun trying. At least one of my picks came in to offset my not so good picks). But the real win was seeing our friend BEVOV back.

Thanks to our terrific host.

Ciao!

PS: I bought my dog a toy uke for this season 273. I think I have lost my mind, but seasons is a good place to find it.

Season 272 wrap up

Hello all! Here is a wrap up vid of Season 272. We have 85 songs from 40 Seasonistas. (Wendy, I counted in your two songs which are not posted yet).

The prizes, picked by "the hand of Fortuna", go to Tootler, hendulele, Barbablanca and SurlyMac. Congratulations!

The Seasons are great - people are making music and sharing music. I had wonderful time, listening to your songs and reading your comments.

Thank again you so much, everyone! Now back to Season 273 and the dogs! :)

Wow - I've been gobsmacked by the Hand of Fortuna! :cool: Thanks for the great Season and including me in the drawing...

Sometimes the hand of Fortuna smiles on me and some times it doesn't. Today it did whoooo!

You were an excellent hos, Ylle. I'm just sorry I didn't get round to listening to many.

Top Bottom