Season 272 - Like it was, Charley

kolibri

out of tune
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi everyone, welcome to the Season 272!

Details and rules can be found below, if you want to skip the introduction vid.

This week's theme is "Like it was, Charley".
I'm a first time host, so there's something familiar and something recycled in the themes. :) There are two options.

1) "Like It Was": Record a song telling us how great the things were in the past. Bring us glad songs describing some jolly fine things, events or people that were prominent in days gone by. Or bring us sad songs lamenting that the good old times are over.

2) "Charley": Songs ABOUT Charleys, and songs BY Charleys. Any song written or perfomed by Charles, Karl, Charlotte, Carlos etc.

Of course, you can combine these two themes and bring songs about good old times, written by Charleys.

Original songs are very welcome.

Usual rules:
- Season starts Sunday, April 30th at 00:01 Hawaii time, and ends Sunday, May 7th at 12 PM.
- Multi tracking and other instruments are fine, but ukulele should be the main instrument.
- Three song limit.
- Mention or list in the video "Season 272".

Thornton rule applies: If you think that the song is suitable, it is. :)

Prizes:
- A digital print "Strawberries in summer night" by Finland's greatest
artist ever - the brown bear Juuso (423 kg, 930 lbs)
- CDs with old-fashioned music ("Estonian Evergreens - Revival")
- wooden sporks (spork = spoon + fork)

Winners will be chosen randomly.

I'll put my comments on your YouTube videos and don't duplicate them here.

Please remember, the fantastic "Boardwalk Empire songs" still has a day to go.

Playlists:
(The playlists are collaborative, so you should be able to add vids. But I'll double check and add them if that doesn't work or if you haven't already done that. If the vid combines both themes, I'll put them to Charley playlist.)

Season 272 - Like it was

Season 272 - Charley

Have fun!
And last but not least - if you like other Seasonistas' entries, please let them know. :)

Last edited:
Lovely theme, Ylle, with plenty of scope! What I wouldn't give to be the proud possessor of a painting by a brown bear!

Lovely theme, Ylle, with plenty of scope! What I wouldn't give to be the proud possessor of a painting by a brown bear!

ME TOO! That is the best thing ever!

Great theme idea Ylle :) Should be fun to hear what people bring this week!

There is an Australian band that wrote a series of 3 songs in remembrance of the singer's friend Charlie. I wonder how many I can do...

What a fun theme, Ylle! So many possibilities.

Hmm, I just bought an album by a band called Charly Bliss. But the singer's voice is in the Betty Boop range, so I don't know if I can sing any of their songs.

Last edited:
Wooden sporks! Best prize ever! Wasn't that a CS&N song?

No, I think it was Chapin " The Cat's in the cradle and the wooden spork, make up your mind, just use a spoon or a fork... "

Hmm, I just bought an album by a band called Charly Bliss. But the singer's voice is in the Betty Boop range, so I don't know if I can sing any of their songs.

All you need is a balloon with helium and you'll do fine ;-)

Good morning from snowy Finland! Season 272 starts in a couple of hours. Can't wait to hear and see what everyone brings. :)

But Rob's "Boardwalk Empire songs" Season is not over yet, so hopefully we'll hear new entries with terrific 1920s music today as well.

Good morning from snowy Finland! Season 272 starts in a couple of hours. Can't wait to hear and see what everyone brings. :)

But Rob's "Boardwalk Empire songs" Season is not over yet, so hopefully we'll hear new entries with terrific 1920s music today as well.

Tell me about it. This morning I woke up to this.

NOT AN ENTRY

Hi there Ylle,

I have already done a song on the seasons which I'd love you to hear, so as a BONUS, I am linking to it here. It is definitely a sad song about a former life.

What is more, the lyrics are mine, but the melody is by Estonian Songwriter Tonis Magis! I am friends with a guy who used to play guitar in Tonis' band: Robert Jurjendhal. He invited us to Estonia in 1993 and I was so impressed by the Tonis album he gave me that I wrote a song based on the melody of my favourite track.

Hope you like it. It's from Season 83 - three years ago. The guy singing it has short hair and no beard. He looks like a stranger to me now ;)

Top Bottom