My newest axe

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
A skin condition has forced me to put aside all of the ukes , guitars and banjos. Looking around EBay, I have found my newest passion, http://www.ebay.com/itm/162479347298 It's an antique Estey Field Organ (a portable pump organ). This is the kind of instrument that traveling preachers would bring to tent revivals. It weighs about 60 lbs and takes about a minute to switch from being a wooden box into an organ.

It was shipped yesterday so I'm on pins and needles waiting for its arrival.
I like harmonicas but I can't sing and play those at the same time. Now I need to improve my keyboard skills.

I know what it's like to have your music suffer because of ill health. It's horrible. I've played electric bass for twenty plus years, but because of breast and bone cancer in my spine, I can no longer stand to gig, or support my basses on a strap. Thank God I found the ukulele! So light I can still pick one up. I'd be lost without music, I've been to some very dark places these last few months since my terminal diagnosis, but music has been a focus for me, it's helped me realise how many good people there are out there (especially in the Ukulele community), and how important friends and family are.

It's amazing how the 8 notes in a scale can have such wide reaching grasp...

Top Bottom