Ko'olau NUD pictorial

As all before me have written.......Congratulations on a very special tenor ukulele Dave. The bookmatched Myrtle back is quite striking as is the total execution from the luthier. The binding is a real compliment to the Spruce, the tuners also with the headstock choice, everything has been well done. Enjoy the sunshine today. Regards.

Mmmmm....tasty.
Gawd, Dave.
That's my favorite K brand.....
What a lovely tone!

Congrats Dave, really fine looking and sounding uke! Enjoy!!!

Thanks again everyone for the compliments. I always feel divided about thanking everyone individually or not
When you do that the post gets pretty large and it feels like you are just bumping your own post by saying thanks to individuals.

Here is some more "Uke p***". Noah (the luthier) used some nice red purfing very skillfully and at interesting spots, like around the rosette.
No thread would be complete without some sideways pictures........arggggh :p

20170504_083648.jpg20170504_083329.jpg20170430_104058.jpg20170430_103942.jpg20170430_103925.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone for the compliments. I always feel divided about thanking everyone individually or not
When you do that the post gets pretty large and it feels like you are just bumping your own post by saying thanks to individuals.

Here is some more "Uke p***". Noah (the luthier) used some nice red purfing very skillfully and at interesting spots, like around the rosette.
No thread would be complete without some sideways pictures........arggggh :p

View attachment 99884View attachment 99885View attachment 99886View attachment 99887View attachment 99888

So ..... you're the buggah that beat me to buying this wonderful Ko'olau tenor!!! I was @ work ... working @ the busiest hospital in the Pacific. Didn't have time to get onto the HMS website because our patient workload was ridiculously heavy. Just as you, I saw the video on Vimeo before it was posted for sale on HMS. I had a feeling that this uke was going to go up for sale, but it always comes down to being able to get on the HMS website at the right time just after it is posted to be the first person to pull the trigger on it. You lucky guy!!! CONGRATS!!! You scored on a mighty fine uke!!!:shaka: It couldn't have ended up with a more deserving guy!

Last edited:
So ..... you're the buggah that beat me to buying this wonderful Ko'olau tenor!!! I was @ work ... working @ the busiest hospital in the Pacific. Didn't have time to get onto the HMS website because our patient workload was ridiculously heavy. Just as you, I saw the video on Vimeo before it was posted for sale on HMS. I had a feeling that this uke was going to go up for sale, but it always comes down to being able to get on the HMS website at the right time just after it is posted to be the first person to pull the trigger on it. You lucky guy!!! CONGRATS!!! You scored on a mighty fine uke!!!:shaka: It couldn't have ended up with a more deserving guy!

Thank you very much.........I'm sorry I got to it before you, that has happened to me before. I saw your post WTB a Ko'olau with adi spruce top and koa back and sides. Hopefully you will find the one you are after. If it any consolation this is a shallow body.

Thank you very much.........I'm sorry I got to it before you, that has happened to me before. I saw your post WTB a Ko'olau with adi spruce top and koa back and sides. Hopefully you will find the one you are after. If it any consolation this is a shallow body.

Kimo, he is the buggah that got to it before me as well!!! lol. The only saving grace for me is I get to watch him play and enjoy it, and cry inwardly. LOL.

However, Kimo is a happy man today ... and I will let him share his story.

Fabulous job on the Uke Dave, I am glad you were able to get it and will have it to enjoy for years. ... unless you want to sell it to me, then it might only be a year or so ...

Kimo, he is the buggah that got to it before me as well!!! lol. The only saving grace for me is I get to watch him play and enjoy it, and cry inwardly. LOL.

However, Kimo is a happy man today ... and I will let him share his story.

Fabulous job on the Uke Dave, I am glad you were able to get it and will have it to enjoy for years. ... unless you want to sell it to me, then it might only be a year or so ...

Hey Buddy.....you know you can come over to my house and play it anytime you want. Just make sure you leave it where you found it :p

Top Bottom