Blue Snark

"We recommend that you remove the Snark tuner from your instrument as soon as you finish tuning. Please be aware that any lacquer type finishcan be adversely affected if the rubber pad of the tuner is left in contact with the instrument for a period of time. . ."

It's absolutely true. A friend messed up the finish on her favorite ukulele by leaving a Snark clipped to the headstock. So sad. Otherwise a great little tuner.

Last edited:
I have a Cruzer TS-7 (made by Crafter) that I got at my local music store. It has settings for 4 different instruments (C B G U). I've had the thing for 3 or 4 years and I don't remember changing the battery. Have a very good display. It is very sturdy and has a really good clip. It's great!

https://reverb.com/item/2300734-cruzer-ts-7-by-crafter-clip-tuner-for-guitar-ukulele

(I don't think I paid that much for it.)

Snark makes the sn-6 tuner with is supposedly ukulele specific. Its probably still chromatic.

Every once in a while Reverb drops the price of their store brand tuners to $1 w free shipping. I like Snark tuners best, but for a buck w the battery included, ya can't beat it. I grab as many as I can (10) for new students.

Sometimes I feel that one tuner or another isn't working very well. So I'll put a few different brands up on the head at the same time to test them against each other. They all work just the same and I've never found one that out of tune. So as usual, it was all in my head. :)

Top Bottom