Season 273 is going to the dogs....

TCK

Reaction score
I am that guy who wakes up Saturday at 8 AM and wants to see what the new season will bring, so I am posting a little early because my Saturdays are spent with a red-tailed hawk on my arm and she is lousy at making intro videos. So am I, but I made this for you all....
I was so over-joyed in my last season I hosted when Rex broke the barrier and played a song with his dog instead of someone else, because I have no choice but to play with my dogs every time. I loved that others soon followed...and while I liked every video from that last season (loved many), the dogs made me think a lot. I curse my guys every time, but we are now on our second generation of "Seasons Dogs"...and those first videos with William and Isobel are treasures for me now that they are gone...
I digress. Here is what I want you to do for me this week.
Play a song with a dog.
I don't really care if it is your dog. Any dog will do- Be careful though. I once was detained by the police for walking someone else's dog because she forgot she gave him to me (we are in California...remember that). Just play the song and get out of there- any song you want.
If you cannot find a dog...
Play me a song about a dog.
Play me a song that mentions a dog.
Have Dog in the title or band name (Lost Dog Street Band is a bonus I think-love those guys)
Play me a song that uses dog as a metaphor (You ain't nothing but a hound Dog).
In any event- At the end of the week I want to feel like I have been laying around on the couch with a dear friend that may smell a little weird but makes my life complete- You get it I am sure.
Prizes
Naw- We ain't got those. For every video this week, I am donating $1 to Wine Country Animal Lovers, which is where we got Oliver. They are a small group of folks who spend countless hours rescuing and fostering and homing animals in need, and I dig that. I dig the way they go about it as well, so there we have it. I also really dig Ollie and if it were not for them, he would not have crossed my path.
Usual rules apply. You can play your zither, but you had best loop it behind an Ukulele. Don't play anything until carriages turn to pumpkins in Hawaii (I have no idea when that is even after all this time), and be cool. Go and tell our friends how great they are, because this week they are getting paid to play these songs ;) oh yeah- I expect to get more than a few videos this week so no oldies please...just new stuff for this week
If you are not having fun- you run the risk of me showing up at your house (Just ask Ukuleledaddy).
Much Love- Dave, Melissa, Oliver, Annabelle, and Miss Beatrice the cat, or collectively Uncle Dave and the Strays. See you all Sunday with a playlist.

THE DOGHOUSE

Last edited:
What? Am I the first to see this friday night post? Are the seasons going to the dogs? you betcha!

Why just today my dog tried to send me flying.
Good thing I am so young and agile!

:biglaugh:

Linda- I fully expect to see that agility come into play. In fact, I have a video in my head where you are chasing the dog playing and that makes me smile.
Heino- EXCELLENT. Perfect dog.

Excellent theme, Dave! Your dog rescue centre sounds as though it operates in a similar way to the one over here, where we got Clemmie. The dogs are mainly "rescued" from the local dog "rescue centres", where they have a tendency to put dogs down if no home can be found within a reasonable length of time (there are a lot of stray dogs in France.) They are then sent to foster homes where their characters can be assessed and their details are posted on the Phoenix Association's website ... so you absolutely know what you are getting. They insist that all dogs be neutered before adoption and if you are able to contribute to the cost of this, that is very welcome, but they don't insist that you do. Our dog was found wandering in the countryside with three puppies, all of whom were adopted through the auspices of the association. It's a very good job that such organisations exist!

Excellent theme Dave. And the prizes are the best ever. Please show Annie and Ollie the vids that are coming which feature Pepsi. She sure does miss those puddin' heads. Pepsi loves for me to throw the ball with her, so I think I'll do a song about balls. Should be a fun week and for a good cause.

Lil- Exactly, but Ollie's time line was shorter. He was at a three day shelter (three days until euth.) and was taken out by a shelter worker because she bonded with him. We got him two days later. We played for about 45 minutes and he was good with Annie, but would not let me touch him. I looked at Mel and said "maybe he is not our guy..." and he jumped into my arms and started licking me. They would have fostered him I am sure, but I had to have him- just something in his face. Turns out (and I hate to say this-sorry Isobel), he is one of the best dogs I have ever known (I have known some amazing dogs)...and I got my first at 4 (I am 44 now) and I groomed them for every year of college- 30 a day for 5 years. Just something in his eyes made me know he was my guy. He totally is.

Ukuleledaddy- Annie has no girlfriend like Pepsi. I hope to see her often this week. What a dog! Pudding head party until they cannot stand....and Ollie growling at them both because they are fools. I need to get back up there because after six months my quiet boy decided he liked toys....Pepsi may be a whole new thing to him. In any event- please give her a ton of camera time...but do not forget Denalli. If I don't get a video with Denalli, sweet old lady, I am coming up there. Wait...

Last edited:
Great theme! The Seasons vids with dogs are so adorable, and now there will be lots of them. :)

Great theme! And I love waking up to it early on a Saturday morning. We don't have a dog any more because one of our girls has bad allergies, but we're gonna do our best to bring some songs about dogs to try and bankrupt the Cloverdales. 😉🐶

So weird! This is exactly what I would have predicted for this week!

Already got one in the can, Dave, but I won't post early! Since we have three dogs, I'll need to do one with each. I may also have to do one or two in honor of the ones who've left us over the past couple of years. Thanks, man!

As we're a cat family, I'm going to have to get creative.

We recently lost one to cancer but we've a possibility of a kitten later this month. It's not certain as the mother's servant wants to keep all the kittens.

Top Bottom