Season 273 is going to the dogs....

Weegingayin- Is that a Dane? Totally distracted by how beautiful he is...but this song! Again, a soundscape for all of us to enjoy Wee. Excellent song here, off to check out Marvin Pontiac when I finish up here.

Yeah it is a great Dane.

Regarding Marvin Pontiac. He appears to be an invented character that does not exist.

MARVIN PONTIAC was hit and killed by a bus in June 1977 ending the life of one of the
most enigmatic geniuses of modern music. He was born in 1932, the son of an African
father from Mali and a white Jewish mother from New Rochelle, New York.
The father's original last name was Toure but he changed it to Pontiac when the family
moved to Detroit, believing it to be a conventional American name.

Marvin's father left the family when Marvin was two years old. When his mother was
institutionalized in 1936, the father returned and brought the young boy to Bamako,
Mali where Marvin was raised until he was fifteen. The music that he heard there would
influence him forever.At fifteen Marvin moved by himself to Chicago where he became
versed in playing blues harmonica.

At the age of seventeen, Marvin was accused by the great Little Walter of copying his harmonica style.
This accusation led to a fistfight outside of a small club on Maxwell Street. Losing a fight to the much
smaller Little Walter was so humiliating to the young Marvin that he left Chicago and moved to Lubbock,
Texas where he became a plumber's assistant.

Not much is known about him for the next three years. There are unsubstantiated rumors that
Marvin may have been involved in a bank robbery in 1950. In 1952, he had a minor hit for
Acorn Records with the then controversial song "I'm a Doggy." Oddly enough, unbeknownst to
Marvin and his label, he simultaneously had an enormous bootleg success in Nigeria with the
beautiful song "Pancakes."

His disdain and mistrust of the music business is well documented and he soon fell
out with Acorn's owner, Norman Hector. Although, approached by other labels,
Marvin refused to record for anyone unless the owner of the label came to his home in
Slidell, La and mowed his lawn.

Reportedly Marvin's music was the only music that Jackson Pollack would ever listen
to while he painted, this respect was not reciprocated. In 1970 Marvin believed that
he was abducted by aliens. He felt his mother had had a similar unsettling experience,
which had led to her breakdown. He stopped playing music and dedicated all of his time
and energy to amicably contacting these creatures who had previously probed his body so brutally.

When he was arrested for riding a bicycle naked down the side streets of Slidell, La, it provided
a sad but clear view of Marvin's coming years. Marvin held the tribal belief that having a photograph
taken of yourself could steal your soul, thus these candid shots are the only ones known to exist.
In 1971 he moved back to Detroit where he drifted forever and permanently into insanity.
Collage-Marvin-Pontiac-musiquiatricocom_EDIIMA20161027_1060_19.jpg

"In my formative years, as an aspiring bass player, there was nothing
I listened to more than Marvin Pontiac." -Flea

"A dazzling collection! It strikes me that Pontiac was so uncontainably prescient
that one might think that these tracks had been assembled today." - David Bowie

Last edited:
I never kept a dog. I can't run and a dog needs to be able to run. It would be unfair and pointless to keep a dog you can't run with.

I was hoping to get a few more done for the rescue TCK. Im so glad you posted as early as you did. I usually can only record on Tuesday but this allowed me to get some done before I came down with a cold. I might be able to get a few more done. Here's hoping!

apologies to anyone that I might miss this week with comments. I think this week is going to be a record breaker. Thumbs up to you all!

Here is my take on Kenny Loggins' Moose and Me, an (apparently!) little-known song. Several years ago, I had found the lyrics in a "Chicken Soup for the Soul" book, but any chords online are nonexistent...and I only found one recording of him singing it in a concert! So I could only listen and figure out the chords as best I could. The bridge is a little rough, but I hope it's not too noticeable. Anyway, you can read the lyrics and the story behind the song here: http://www.chickensoup.com/book-story/30731/moose-n-me

Thank you for listening! :)

This is a very rough version of He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar. Rosa Henderson did a version in the early 1920s. I've no idea how I stumbled upon it but it makes me smile.

I haven't checked the whole play list, but I think I got this one to myself. I have a couple of dogs now, had a couple in the past, but this is not about them.

If you don't know who did this originally, you might be a bit surprised.

Saturday morning TV was pretty amazing when I was 10 years old.

Greetings,

Luna and I attempt to record a song. Well, there were some funny bits here. She does pose at end with her dollar store uke.

Ciao

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the background for this song and the next song that I intend to post, here is some info: U.S. War Dog History. Domino makes an appearance. Ozzie Waters was a crooner who sounded a lot like Bing Crosby.

Sad dog song warning.

Last edited:
This song is the sequel to the song in my previous video. Same title, related theme, but different lyrics and different music. This version was recorded by country singer Hank Snow.

possible bonus, or possible "get OUTTA here, this is being kicked to the island!"

homemade song "be my dog", played on homemade bb8 one string bass
alienabduct_zpsbldfsfrj.gif
and baritone uke

unfortunately the bass is in the foreground, and the baritone uke (invisibly) in the background

so i appreciate it might not count

i mean, it's not even may the fourth, it's only may the ninth

1429277277-unnamed_zpszrguq8xs.gif

never mind, i'm gonna shut up and just post it anyway

WOW- While I was stuck in meeting all day (excitement level ZERO) you guys sure where busy around here! More great offerings for the dogs- sorry I am so late getting to them. Some really wonderful stuff here for sure!
BEVOMU- Another scorcher here, and it had to be T-rex. I had a feeling ;) Great stuff (and I think the picking was fine- ought to here mine…)Oh yeah- and Heino- play it!
Pabrizzer- Some lovely memories I am certain mate- and Max is a gem. Those old 110 mm pictures made me smile ear to ear...got a few of myself and my first dog right around the same time
Uke4ia-What a great tune Jim! Love the energy here mate...I knew it would be time to rock. I reckon I got lucky. Dad loved dogs, mom loved dogs...I think I have gone four days without one. Mel on the other hand had to wait until she started hanging out with me to get one.
Jazzbanjorex- One of the first songs I learned on my accordion many years ago, hope you don't mind the accompaniment. You really delivered this one, great playing and you nailed the singing and gave it "just that thing". Nice work mate
Damn dog up and died...sigh
Theonlyukethatmatters-I hope everyone that sees this recognizes what a great job you did capturing the complete essence of this video. This is so great on so many levels it is hard to find the words...and it had Mel and I in TEARS when we caught it as it dropped last night. Brilliant my friend- thank you for this
Pabrizzer- A song I remember from being stuck to my moms car seats, but never did it sound like this. What a cover! This may be one of my favorite of your offerings- just sits so completely right. Very nicely done Pa
Joko- So glad Badger is OK and that you found him (that can be hard when they are hurt), and I dig how you tied this song to the theme. Very nice cover here and that room you are in! What fun acoustics you got in this.

Off for round 2!

$4
So this is horrible. Off key and all the rest. The entertainment value is in hearing Pepsi whine because her ball is stuck under the couch. That and the fact that I'm singing You Sexy Thing to her butt.

Top Bottom