Season 273 is going to the dogs....

Season 273 "Gone to the Dogs" All of the dogs you see in this video are adoptable today in Appleton Wisconsin. Call the number on the screen and give then a good home. www.foxvalleypets.org (920)733-1717

This is prob my last one for this season. Going to be too busy over the weekend. Have really enjoyed seeing all the doggies with their owners and reading seasonistas' stories about their dogs. We don't, as I said, have a dog, but there have been plenty of dogs in our family over the years and I've always loved dogs. Great idea TCK for a season and a very worthy cause. If/ when we do get a dog, he or she will likely be a rescued dog.

I was going to do this on baritone, you can play it in E along with the record, but I opted for soprano, just because really. In my youth, when I had a lot more hair, my guitar heroes were Ace Frehely, Scott Gorham, but the biggest was Jimmy Page. We had a band and we played this song regularly. It must be one of the best rock riffs ever, although I never realised it was a John Paul Jones riff, not Jimmy's. Anyway, it's called Black Dog after a black Labrador who hung around the studio when they were recording Led Zep IV.

Last edited:
Starting singing this one driving around at work today, came home and worked it up quick, and here's what came out.

The notion of an American Mountain Deer Chase, Bear Chase, Fox Hunt or Snipe hunt is a misnomer. Yes dogs are used for hunting but An event such as described here is more myth put out for flatlanders. The menfolk who were hunters would gather on a ridgeline with their dogs for a social evening. The dogs would be let loose to run the hollows while the menfolk would socialize on the ridgelines and listen to the dogs. That anyone in their right mind would risk a horse in this kind of terrain and endeavor is beyond belief. Nowadays such "hunts" are mostly gone. Game wardens, Water wardens and increased traffic on improved roads have all contributed to the sports demise.

Just an FYI, we don't make Lexi stay on the floor. She has many dog beds, yet prefers the hard floor. I guess she's all about firm support!

This is going to be my last Lost Dogs song for this week, as I have gigs on Saturday and Sunday. So I leave you with this beautiful song a Certain Love

Season 273- My Dog Rags

This has been a crazy week so this is as much as I can get done.

But I wanted to post somthing!

Last edited:
The Dog It Was That Died

Looks like a chose an opportune time to duck inside the car and sing a tune before I got soaked.
Here's a Ryan Adams song.

Greetings,

Posting a quickie. No time, work and training blah blah. This is a take on dogs and cats. "Year of the Cat". Luna makes a bribed appearance. It needs work, but it is a one take wonder.

Ciao

$110 Videos! Today was a LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGG day at work complete with a lock-down...I needed some music for sure and you folks DELIVERED. Allow me to fawn over the offerings I have watched so far.
Uke4ia- I was dumbfounded that this had not made it to the show yet- You did a great job with it! It ain’t an easy one at all because of all those changes..smooth as silk mate.
Tulsa Ukeclub- Thank you all for joining in the fun, this is fantastic! That guy leading the tune sure has put himself out there this week- I am glad he found a bunch of friends to play with- huge smiles all the way across the country.
Pabrizzer- $2 a day seems reasonable I reckon- cheaper than dog food ;) This is a throwaway? I think not good sire- excellent little tune here mate. Thanks for coming and singing another for us mate, and bringing along the harp- love it when that happens.
And Pabrizzer $2- Pa in a necktie...that would be preposterous! Great shirt there, and another fantastic tune here...and one I had no idea existed. Of course, every time I hear Dingo I immediately remember a bit of Aussie folklore from about a half century ago- for another time I reckon. Excellent tune here mate- very nice multi-track, and sorry about the barking dogs.
Forte- This is FABULOUS! Not only is it a great take on the song, absolutely professional delivery by any standard, but you brought us the dogs! What a great idea for the video, I sure appreciate the effort folks. Man...I wish I could have eight dogs. The wife let me have 6 banjos. Maybe we need old Draego... hmmmm...
One man and his uke- Well I was wondering when someone would get the Led out, glad it was you and your little soprano. Fantastic strum work here. I hope you decide that you can work in another, but I sure have enjoyed what you brought us this week- Thanks for the songs mate.
Recovering bassist- Another one that I figured would be here day one! Man, for a quick work up this sure is somethin" and sounds just right on that reso-uke. Excellent bring right here.

All right- Gotta go feed the Bumpass Hounds but I will be back in a jiffy!
IMG_4567.jpg

Those dogs eat really fast...and now they are out on a walkabout with Momma, ridding our peaceful town of squirrels no doubt, and leaving me to watch more fantastic videos. I believe Gina's song is $120 , and I am STOKED we have made it that far. In the home stretch so don't hold back gang- keep them coming!
Accolades- part two.
Auni K- Hi Lexi! I really do enjoy having two young dogs and new dogventures, but part of me sure does miss the serenity of the old ones we had to say good bye to. They too had all those days in the sun, but a good nap is something I could use every now and then. What a great song here, and it looks like the new digs have some darn good acoustics! Thanks for bringing us a song and introducing us to Lexi- yes, we forgive her.
Tommy-
Love me some Uncle Dave Tommy- excellent tune for the week, and brought with style mate. Great stuff right here...I don't know how you kept all those words straight.
Auni K part two - Oh yeah- Lexi really likes this one doesn't she? I reckon we all will- another expertly played tune for us and the dogs. Excellent song for the week- thanks for bringing it
Pabrizzer- Awe- Max got a song of his own. This is priceless! Annabelle has a thing for squeaky toys as well...it borders on insanity some times (right before we take her to day care to play with forty other dogs). Great little tune here Pa- thanks for your enthusiasm this week and all these gems.
Wim- Knock 'em dead at your gigs this weekend mate and thank you for your offerings this week. Another great song delivered right here! Many thanks for the introduction to these guys but I have to ask...U2 has never mentioned dogs in their songs? ;)
Liz S. Sorry for the crazy week...this is a month when adult people should not go anywhere near a school. That is a rule. In any event- thank you for bringing us this perfectly charming little dity- an excellent song to add to the season! Nicely done.
Mister Redfern- Oi! Pauly, the red light has to go on mate! Excellent stuff here my friend- is this you? It is not one I know. Love it, and glad to see you made it back to the party (loved the group effort at GNUF)! Thanks for this one mate. This take is stupendous!
Pabrizzer $2- I want a helicopter full of dogs. I have never heard this tune, but boy is it a great one. Your style on it likely has something to do with it, but it is sure a good one and seems right in your wheelhouse (well, they all do). Nice work here mate.
Ukuleledaddy- WOW_ That is a lot of rain innit? WHAT A GREAT SONG FOR THIS WEEK, and you got to play Ryan Adams. This is all win, and totally worth the dollar I paid to get in. Excellent song delivery here mate, and HI PEPSI!
Gina- Awe- Luna is priceless! I am getting my treat and getting out of here! A cat song has made it to the show- I was wondering when that would happen ;) Very nice song here, and you got it out in one take! Well done!

Make sure I have gotten you on the playlist- I am not terribly good at this organization thing- I am gonna go play a few and be back tonight ;)

An original written for this season. At the end is an old photo of my sisters with two dogs we had when we were kids.

Go to the Dogs

Well the world's a-goin' to the dogs, they say
I say there couldn't be a better way
A dog'll love you when you're down and out
A dog'll kiss you with his warm wet snout
He'll be there to meet you when you get home
He'll stay there with you when you're all alone
A dog'll love you even when you're mad
He'll give you a smile when you're feelin' sad

So when you're down and your mind's in a fog
Just drop everything and go to the dogs

A dog won't bear all the cares of the world
He's mighty happy just a-chasin' squirrels
He'll be glad to see you every day
He'll wait for you when you're gone away
Just a-fetchin' sticks is his favorite game
He'll wag his tail when you say his name
When your troubles catch you and you can't keep pace
Just scratch his chin, let him lick your face

So when you're down and your mind's in a fog
And you're feelin' empty as a hollow log
And everyone else is livin' high on the hog
Just drop everything and go to the dogs

Last edited:
Here is one I can't believe is not here yet...perhaps I am the only one that likes it. I remember my dad playing the record until he wore the darn thing out-
Tom T Hall- Old Dogs and Children, and Watermelon Wine.

Top Bottom