Season 273 is going to the dogs....

Not a song about dogs, but a dog is mentioned prominently in the third verse, and this one can also kinda sorta cover Mothers day. I just like the song.

Greetings,

Bummed to get my first thumbs down. Though insignificant, it does leave a mark. I'm well aware of my shortcomings, and need no reminders please. It was just a quick take with pooch, no need to hurt my feelings.

:(

This one probably needs some of the visual production bells and whistles some of you folks do so well, but I'm not that technically advanced, so it's just me being goofy. This is an attempt after a very quick first time work up of this song that I loved as a kid.

Greetings,

Bummed to get my first thumbs down. Though insignificant, it does leave a mark. I'm well aware of my shortcomings, and need no reminders please. It was just a quick take with pooch, no need to hurt my feelings.

Yeah, that's not cool, sorry that happened to ya.

Normally this sort of thing would go on the Island but I figure it's for a good cause. This is my attempt to put mini-RAB's favourite book to music. That book is called 'Dear Zoo' which goes through a bunch of animals teaching kids basic things about them and the noises they make before finishing with a dog.

Unfortunately we didn't get as far as the dog before artistic differences cut the jam short.

Mega-Thornton inbound.

Greetings,

It's probably not anyone here doing it, more likely an adolescent troll from the internets having his immature "fun." Don't Let 'em get you down.

And here we go. Weegingayin gave me the idea the other day as one I knew I'd be able to get done quickly. Unfortunately not had time for the ones I really wanted to play.

This is by Gnarls Barkley. Geddit?

I guess Dave wanted some U2 in his season, so I sneaked this one in for warming up the voice a bit.
This is both Raised by Wolves and Every Breaking Wave.

Finally got Grover to join me. This is a Zevon song that's hard as hockey sticks to play at anywhere near WZ's pace. But we did it! (From my second-favorite if not favorite Zevon album, Sentimental Hygiene ...)

Scouring some old songbooks for dog songs and I found this from 1913. Hadn't ever heard it before. But It sounds like the Air Force song to me.

This needs work, but now would be an odd time for me
To start acting proud about these things- Barefoot Surrender (Lost Dog Street Band before they were that), Forgot my name.

This is Alissa from Wine Country Animal Lovers and I just wanted to chime in and thank you all for "going to the dogs" this week! In animal rescue, I find that things have a way of working out just the way they were meant to. Our featured rescue pup this week is a beautiful young German Shepherd we are calling Echo and she was found in Sonoma County a few weeks ago as a scrawny stray. With good food and a nice couple to care for her, she is gaining 6 pounds a week. Thanks to social media, we successfully located her original human who was very grateful that she had found us because he isn't in a place to give Echo what she needs and he has recently become homeless. What he wanted most of all was to know that she was safe and would have a good future. Echo was spayed, vaccinated and microchipped last week and now she is officially ready for adoption. As it turns out, she is now living in a temporary foster home with an amateur ukulele player! I sent them Dave's email about your week of dog-themed and dog-accompanied songs and her foster tried to create a video for you all but Echo quickly left the room... he isn't very good yet. Echo is a very people oriented dog who will make a fantastic companion (she doesn't play well with others so we are looking for a home where she can be the only pet). In honor of Dave's fun way of supporting Wine Country Animal Lovers we'd like to put the funds that you all raise towards helping Echo find her happily ever after story. Woof! ~ www.WineCountryAnimalLovers.org
IMG_20170506_141050_330 (1).jpg20170509_074642.jpg

Top Bottom