Season 273 is going to the dogs....

A John Hiatt song - My Dog and Me.
No vid of our Max but you can hear him jangling his name tags at the 3 second mark.
I'm sure you'll meet him again later in the week.

This was the first song I heard from George Thorogood way back when. I didn't know from Hank Williams in those days. Now I do, thank goodness. Rufus decided to hang with me. There's a sing along in each verse, so help me out, folks!

Best way to wake up in the morning gang! No stopping you fine folks from playing a song or two- loving these so far and will back with comments later...for now I have a fifty pound dog on my lap and no coffee onboard, so listening and smiling is what I will do until the fog clears ;)

This song was written for Annette Funicello by Bob & Dick Sherman. I couldn't find any dogs, but I brought in a couple of dawgs on the shaker and melodica!

This song was written and performed by by Barry Louis Polisar. I stayed up way too late last night drawing and animating this cartoon, not to mention doing all that barking and howling!

This is my first go at uploading an iMovie to YouTube and I hadn't figured out how to add a title or description! Oh well, never mind. This, in case you don't know it, is God Loves a Terrier from Best in Show. In the film it's sung brilliantly by Cookie and Gerry Fleck (Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy). Personally I think it's one of the funniest films I have ever seen, you may or may not agree with that....I'll leave it up to you ;)

By the way, I don't have a dog. I do love dogs though. There was meant to be a Boston Terrier on my little film but I forgot to put him in. Apols to any Bostons reading this. I did get a Border Terrier in though, I love em..

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 10
Alright, time to let the dogs out. Last night I recorded two vids since I hit the limit over at 272. Here's the first, a song by Lost Dog Street Band. If you haven't heard them check them out, good stuff for sure. This is I Got You. And by the way, these vids will not be pretty. I plan on churning them out so TCK will drain his savings and fill the hat over at the Wine Country Dog Lovers.

Song #2, and dollar #2 for the dogs. I love all the Cloverdale dogs. This one is for William and Bella who have gone to the great dog house in the sky. The first time I crashed on TCK's couch (which is very comfortable by the way. Anyone want his address?), Bella woke me up by sticking her tongue in my mouth. What a great dog. Anyway, this is for them.

Written in 1916 by Shelton Brooks (of Darktown Strutters Ball fame) not the more recent blues song. Not really my style and very rough but hey!

What happens when a load of Seasonistas turn up at a ukulele convention?

Well, first of all, a couple of them decide it would be a really good idea to get them all together to film a video for the new Season. They choose an easy song. The even choose an easy key.

Then the reality hits home - a packed weekend of concerts (involving three of the participants), workshops (involving the others, as teachers and/or pupils), different hotels, and very soon a general feeling of herding cats starts to sink in.

But, like all great stories, right at the end, they all end up in the same place, same time. So, captured on the final afternoon of the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival, Huddersfield, England, here we have MikeF, myself, Alan Thornton, Myrna, Paul, and Michael from We Tigers.

...and Michael (We Tigers) has just sent me another version, with added zooming and titles. What a pro. But as we can only put one video in each post, I will post his in the "Seasonistas jamming..." thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom