Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testing a new Aquila string that may be coming out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    Any news on general availability of these strings? I love fluorocarbon strings but would be open to something else that isn't Super Nylgut.
    Have you tried out the AGxAQ? These are pretty nice, also if colors are your thing too, they are a light translucent green.

I Just emailed Aquila, so I'm still waiting to hear back about getting my Sugar Cane strings.

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

well guys,
    the new sets for ukulele will have the brand name of Sugar aquila ukulele strings.
    Next week we will do the first mass production addressed to outr China market (the ukulele manufacturers, i mean). of course, a few % of these will be packaged aand then available to the bigger distributors.
    ---------
    The Aldrin Guerrero strings AGxAQ: thi set was designed for the aomplified ukuleles. I must admit that in the very begginning I was a bit sheptic; when I heard the set at Ukulele bazar in California played by Aldrine I was indeed VERY suprised. So I changed sudently my idea. The set at present is for tenor only; however soon I will do it even for soprano as well aas concert
    taske care
    Mimmo Aquilastrings

The prospect of the new strings sounds Sweet

Thanks for sharing the news.

I've recently put the Worths Ohta Jr Low G Flurocarbon set of strings on my Mahogany Tenor, just a couple of weeks ago, something different for me, I've been using Aquila Nylguts for around five years, but as I've got several Ukes I'm willing to try some different strings occasionally.
    I'll be keen to try some of these new Aquilas when they reach the market. I like the Nylguts a lot, I'm also liking the Flurocarbons, I'm not sure I favour one over the other currently, I can appreciate both but I'm more familiar with the Nylguts and I'm not prepared to give them up at this time. I've got multiple Ukes so not a problem for me to try another type of string here and there ... Personally, I have been thinking it would be great to try something that is somewhere between both, so this news is good news for me personally.
    The fact they're produced from Sugar Cane sounds interesting .. We went to Queensland some while ago and were right in Sugar Cane Country among the Tropical natural habitat there, t'was most beautiful and fascinating country indeed.

Here's a quick pic (below) of some Sugar Cane (just a simple roadside view).

Attachment 102766
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mimmo, when do expect Sugar strings to be Strings by Mail. I'm looking forward to trying these. I will buy the AGxAQ string again. I liked them. I'm sure I'm going to like Sugar. Will the new Sugar be available on line sooner?

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

while to do them can be fast (2 weeks) the question of the distruibution take a lot of time: months normally.
    I cannot stress to much because it is easy to do mistakes
    Mimmo

Thread Information