Which is your house favorite spot to play your Ukes??? This is my favorite spot!!!

In the tub would be fun, but would need to learn Rubber Ducky first ;) Tiny Tim.jpg

I like playing out on my backyard patio, near my koi pond/waterfall. A close second is in the car, while waiting in line for a ferry to Fantasy Island, or on the ferry while underway.

Last edited:
My faves are a very comfy chair in our media room, (no chairs in the music room) and in our bed. My 2nd fave is onstage with our band, the Ladies of Uke.

I will just wake this old slumbering thread...

It seems to focus a lot on scenic or comfy places til play the ukulele, more than musically optimal places.
Since this thread was started, I got myself a beanbag chair that I play in. Quite comfy in some ways. Definately better than any chairs with armrests, and when home-recording it lovers the reverbartion time a bit.
However, I doubt that it is a healthy position to play in. Furthermore it is definately not a good position for singing. I don't have a mic stand that will position my USB mic above me, so I have to lean forward to get near the mic - which leaves me all curled up so deap breaths are hard.

I am in the process of finding a new chair/stool. Is there any difference between optimal chairs for guitar and ukulele?

With regard to seating arrangement, I sit on my wooden stool, with a USB mic in front of me, trapped in a drawer to hold it in position. :D

My stool is one of those kitchen bar type things, with a swiveling top, that I cut about six inches off the legs.

I record in my bedroom, as there is a distinct lack of space where I live, laptop on top of my chest of drawers, mic trapped in a drawer, & me sat in front of it, playing into it, sat on my stool. :)

My kitchen table looking out on to the back yard. On the steps of my back deck. On the dock on a lake at a friends cottage. It appears I like scenery.

20170805_090304.jpg

Last edited:
I have a small music room where I read/study and mess with my instruments, but I usually play in the music room annex (bedroom). I play most of my wind instruments strolling hither and yon unless I'm using music. I think it helps with breathing and memory. Annex II (master bathroom) has good acoustics, and I can lean against the counter top. I sit with my banjos and my tuba.

I usta play my small flutes and tin whistles in the park too, but I don't ride my bike much any more. :eek:ld:

I've been playing more in the bathroom (not when I'm using it), the acoustics just sound better to me there more than the living room

Center of the couch in the music room.IMG_0513.jpg

Last edited:
Over the last couple of months things have changed at my house. My intention with the ukulele was to keep it simple. All I needed was a ukulele. I could put my music on my knee and play it. But times changed, and I accumulated three amps, a microphone stand and a microphone, three music stands, a couple of effects pedals, a half dozen cables, a pile of music, a kindle, I built a cigar box ukulele, and I had no where to set it all up and play with it. My wife does not want our home styled in modern ukulele. So everything was packed away in a closet when I wasn't playing with it and it took too much work to get it out. But we remodeled a room in our basement in a wine cellar theme, with a bar and and with a large wine rack, and off in one corner I now have a space dedicated to ukulele. And while I do not have a lot of ukuleles to fill it, I do now have a stage of sorts to play on. I have all my stuff set up, and I don't have to take it down. So that is nice. I can go down there and just plug in if I want. But after all that work, I still find myself most often on the front porch, or in the park. I think though that when it gets cold I will be down there a lot more. I'm busking a bit, and playing more and more gigs, so it is good that I can experiment with my sound system. I do think it is funny that I always swore that I would never have a "ukulele room" and now I do.

Ukulele corner.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite place to play is on my screened patio, but it's too hot in summer, except sometimes late at night. The rest of the time it's usually right here in front of my computer, for no other reason than that the chair is my most comfortable one (it's old and falling apart cosmetically, but hey....)

bratsche

Anywhere I happen to land I can usually grab an ukulele and start playing it in my house. My ukes are terrible at posing though....alas,
no pictures

In my humidified study, where I can keep a half dozen on the wall, handy at all times and have my computer in front of me.

I should say that's my most frequent place to play. My favorite is down on the beach typically with my fluke in hand.

Wow, last night I went through all the rooms in our house playing the ukulele and what a revelation! Everyone should do that. From showers, to a very large reflective living room, from my office to a well dampened
library, amazing. Even played out on the backyard porch. Very interesting.

I've been playing more in the bathroom (not when I'm using it), the acoustics just sound better to me there more than the living room

Kind of like singing in the shower. It always sounds so good.

Top Bottom