Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which is your house favorite spot to play your Ukes??? This is my favorite spot!!!

In the tub would be fun, but would need to learn Rubber Ducky first Tiny Tim.jpg

I like playing out on my backyard patio, near my koi pond/waterfall. A close second is in the car, while waiting in line for a ferry to Fantasy Island, or on the ferry while underway.
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 05-30-2017 at 03:17 AM.
    Ask NOT what your country can do for Uke...ask what Uke can do for your country.

My faves are a very comfy chair in our media room, (no chairs in the music room) and in our bed. My 2nd fave is onstage with our band, the Ladies of Uke.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I will just wake this old slumbering thread...

It seems to focus a lot on scenic or comfy places til play the ukulele, more than musically optimal places.
    Since this thread was started, I got myself a beanbag chair that I play in. Quite comfy in some ways. Definately better than any chairs with armrests, and when home-recording it lovers the reverbartion time a bit.
    However, I doubt that it is a healthy position to play in. Furthermore it is definately not a good position for singing. I don't have a mic stand that will position my USB mic above me, so I have to lean forward to get near the mic - which leaves me all curled up so deap breaths are hard.

I am in the process of finding a new chair/stool. Is there any difference between optimal chairs for guitar and ukulele?
    Soprano ukulele: Luna Pineapple tattoo
    Concert ukulele: Cort UKEBWCOP, Makala MK
    Tenor ukulele: Koa Fluke, Hora M1176
    Nylon string Guitar: Höfner vintage

With regard to seating arrangement, I sit on my wooden stool, with a USB mic in front of me, trapped in a drawer to hold it in position.

My stool is one of those kitchen bar type things, with a swiveling top, that I cut about six inches off the legs.

I record in my bedroom, as there is a distinct lack of space where I live, laptop on top of my chest of drawers, mic trapped in a drawer, & me sat in front of it, playing into it, sat on my stool.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

in order:
    lounge
    toilet
    back porch

My kitchen table looking out on to the back yard. On the steps of my back deck. On the dock on a lake at a friends cottage. It appears I like scenery.

20170805_090304.jpg
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 08-06-2017 at 01:10 AM.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    My kitchen tablet looking out on to the back yard. On the steps of my back deck. On the dock on a lake at a friends cottage. It appears I like scenery.

20170805_090304.jpg
    aye mate. it appears I like your house

I have a small music room where I read/study and mess with my instruments, but I usually play in the music room annex (bedroom). I play most of my wind instruments strolling hither and yon unless I'm using music. I think it helps with breathing and memory. Annex II (master bathroom) has good acoustics, and I can lean against the counter top. I sit with my banjos and my tuba.

I usta play my small flutes and tin whistles in the park too, but I don't ride my bike much any more.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBD -
    Kala tenor eight string - gG cC EE AA

Luna "Peace" concert - Hi-F BbDG
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA -
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B

Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift) - C
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - C

Down Up Down and still above ground.

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain goat View Post
    in order:
    lounge
    toilet
    back porch
    Toilet. Yes Yes. "Jammin; in the john"

Quote Originally Posted by 1931jim View Post
    Toilet. Yes Yes. "Jammin; in the john"
    haha brother. always feel I do my best work there...

Thread Information