Amplification , FX/Looping - What Are You Using ?

Reaction score
:shaka: Everyone :

Besides duet / trios & combo's acts I have done/do , I also solo .

I sing and use electric/acoustic electric guitars , ukulele , nylon acoustic guitar , harmonica & synthesizer for live outdoor busking , coffee house shows , museums , art shows etcetera .

I get good results mic'ing the ukulele and after seeing Aiden James ( among other great talented contemporary ukulele musicians ) I thought this forum would have great feedback on this question I posted .

I like this young musician form Oahu Hawaii . He's got a similar FX processor as mine and uses it well :

I do an eclectic variety of music from Hawaiian/ethnic to Blues/Jazz - Standards , CW , RNR .

I've a portable AC/DC amp/P.A. with a good kick & a Looper w/FX . It's a light weight and a fast easy set up/breakdown .

FX on the ukulele I have used is the octaver that lowers the pitch , chorus , delays and reverb . There are more FX in my unit to explore and see what is possible .

What FX are in your gig bag :music: ?

EZ & Hang Loose :

HR

I have a Cube Micro for when I plug in.
(But then, I don't busk, I only record for the Seasons thread on here.)
I usually play acoustic into a Samson Meteor USB Mic to my computer.

I have a Samson C01 condenser , they have cool mics ,
I'll review the [ " Seasons Thread " ] you post on .

thanks for the input .

EZ :

HR

I have a MarkBass 1x8 for my UBass, which is a great amp. Small and very punchy.

I also have a Yahama THR5A for my Ukes, whilst not the loudest amp on the planet (approx. twice as loud as acoustic alone), thats not the point of the amp. It has a great sound, with a choice of mic models, my fav being the condenser, it also has really nice reverbs, delays and compression. It's good for recording with. Really pleased with both, also they are both fairly light, this really helps as I have cancer of the spine and the days of lugging my 300w SWR Bass amp around are behind me.

More Ways To Skin The Cat

I have a MarkBass 1x8 for my UBass, which is a great amp. Small and very punchy.

I also have a Yahama THR5A for my Ukes, whilst not the loudest amp on the planet (approx. twice as loud as acoustic alone), thats not the point of the amp. It has a great sound, with a choice of mic models, my fav being the condenser, it also has really nice reverbs, delays and compression. It's good for recording with. Really pleased with both, also they are both fairly light, this really helps as I have cancer of the spine and the days of lugging my 300w SWR Bass amp around are behind me.

:cool:
Really cool looking piece of equipment . Beefy little sucker must make that Ubass pump sweet sounds with punch too .

EZ ;

HR :

:cool:
Really cool looking piece of equipment . Beefy little sucker must make that Ubass pump sweet sounds with punch too .

EZ ;

HR :

It is. It's amazing how bassy and punchy it is. Only two knobs too. Volume and a variable lp/hp filter. Works really well. It's a loud 45w too. I love it. I thought I would miss the tweeter, but no. Even the colour scheme makes me smile :)

Last edited:
Big Things In Small Packages

It is. It's amazing how baddy and punchy it is. Only two knobs too. Volume and a variable lp/hp filter. Works really well. It's a loud 45w too. I love it. I thought I would miss the tweeter, but no. Even the colour scheme makes me smile :)

Simplicity has it's apparent merits :cool: .

45 watts solely for a bass can really get loud . Those little Ampeg's that had the tube amp head inverted in the speaker cab while stored and reversed sitting on top of the cab when plugged in playing were loud as can be .

They were 30 watters < http://www.ampeg.com/products/heritage/b-15/ > . 5350_01.jpg

My new looper has me bustin my brains to get it wired and play proficiently on it .

My first looper was the same , it was at first way over my head . I did learn to use it only to realize my playing proficiency was still lagging behind :deadhorse: . When I got it up to performance speed , some one stole my looper :mad: -

Not to worry it's something that can be replaced and I did just that :eek:ld: .

EZ :

HR

Top Bottom